turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Too long?

Started by rraymond, February 17, 2019, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraymond

In May 2018 I sent $65 dollars to a custom pot call maker and it's now February 2019 so 9 months. The callmaker is well reguuarded from this forum, but hasn't returned my resent calls or text as I was trying to figure out what's going on. Do you feel this is a acceptable time frame of arrival? Any suggestions on handling this?

skimerhorn

Took me a extra year from when the call maker told me I'd get mine. Was worth the wait. Did he give you a time estimate when you sent the money?

rraymond

Ive odered a few calls before from different makers and they were usually 3 months so i didnt really ask . He just said they were gettimg in the shop soon when i first ordered . I November he said he was shipping calls out around Christmas.   

Vaughnrp2

I feel your pain. I sent a well known call maker a broken call to repair(offered payment for repair)and never got the call back. I have sent 2 or 3 emails but after 2 years I have given up on getting the call back.

rraymond

Ya I just feel like if you are overwhelmed with orders don't take the order. Sure cashed the check fast though. Lol its building a turkey call not a house

Vaughnrp2

I will say that asking for money before the maker starts on the call is not common practice to my knowledge. But I could be wrong about Thant.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: rraymond on February 17, 2019, 09:26:09 AM
In May 2018 I sent $65 dollars to a custom pot call maker and it's now February 2019 so 9 months. The callmaker is well reguuarded from this forum, but hasn't returned my resent calls or text as I was trying to figure out what's going on. Do you feel this is a acceptable time frame of arrival? Any suggestions on handling this?
Yes its acceptable, if he is worth his salt he will answer you honestly.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

DrDirtNap

The one custom call maker I've dealt with has never asked for payment before the call was finished.   In fact on one call, he sent it to me to try out before I sent payment.   That's real customer service and the only way to do business in my opinion. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Ive never had a maker ask for any money before call was ready or almost ready. 9 months isn't crazy long. Some guys are years, some guys have a sudden illness, family issue, etc. It's only a turkey call after all we gotta understand that.
My prob would be taking the money and it being so long. Again if the fellow kept in contact because something came up I'd not freak.
Two times would tick me off, no contact and taking the money so early.
Some makers as stated send calls before even a pmt is sent. There's lots of makers. Not one call one guy makes is so absolutely perfect I'd put up w nonsense.
If it was me and there was no good reason for it I'd at least let others know who it was so no one else got screwed. Make sure there is no reason first though so a attempt at contact would be fair. You made it so you said.
Are you sure the man isn't sick  in a hospital or something though?

coyote1

Imo. It has been too long if a 9 month wait wasn't specified. The non communication is unacceptable unless there has been an emergency/illness.

raven105

Same situation for me, ordered in July. Been asking every month about status, keep getting the "should be finishing up this weekend" type response. Check was cashed shortly after the order.

Gobble!

Did he give you a estimate on when it would be ready? Most call makers I've dealt with aren't taking money until the call is ready to ship when it's a long wait. The lack of communication is a bad look.

rraymond

I didn't really ask the eta at time  of order. I've purchased calls before and receive calls withing 3 or 4 months. 6 months into order I asked and it was said to be shipping calls soon. Didn't directly say my call.

raven105

Quote from: rraymond on February 17, 2019, 04:01:12 PM
I didn't really ask the eta at time  of order. I've purchased calls before and receive calls withing 3 or 4 months. 6 months into order I asked and it was said to be shipping calls soon. Didn't directly say my call.
Same for me. My initial order was shipped in a few weeks. This is my second order (July 2018) with the callmaker and it's been 7 months since the check was cashed.

Dtrkyman

Lack of communication is a bigger problem than the wait, dude needs to call not email or text B.S!