turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2011 Indiana Opening Morning Gobbler

Started by buck_hunter21, April 27, 2011, 07:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck_hunter21

I made it out for Indiana's opener this A.M. The weather has rough lately. It has been raining practically a month straight. Anyways, after making the hike to the area where I wanted to set up; the birds started firing up. They gobbled extremely well at first light. However, 20 minutes after first light the rain began again. Gobbling stopped. I continued to throw out some calls in hope that a gobbler would hear them and make his way to us. This plan actually worked out. A little before 8am and nice gobbler was slowly working his way to my decoys. When he got to 11 yards I drew my Hoyt and placed the pin in the boilermaker. The shot drilled him and he slowly made his way away from my set up. It was obvious he was hurt bad. I gave him about 10 minutes then my buddy and I went to look for him. It wasn't a long search. We found him 20 yards from where we lost sight of him stone cold dead. This bird adds up to be my 5th gobbler this spring and tops off a great season for me. Another great part about this hunt was my buddy captured every thing in crystal clear HD footage!!!!

Spill Blood

TRKYHTR

Congrats on a nice gobbler and great season.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

INDY

Congratulations!  Maybe tomorrow will be my turn.

Ol'Mossy

Hognutz

Congrats. You're a gobbler killin' machine..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

devin4484

congrats man!  Nice hoyt you got too

Only heard one gobble today between the showers and wind we dealt with in brown county.  

strutnva

good deal, what broadhead are you shootn them turkeys with?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Turkeyfan

cannonball

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

JVA54