News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What’s your favorite choke tube?

Started by valerio024, February 10, 2019, 07:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

compton30

Sumtoy! I called him up and told him what gun I was running and shell I was shooting and he got me dialed in. Couldnt be happier

turkeyfoot

Rhino is my number one have also threw good patterns with original jellyhead and kicks. My gun did not like Indian creek at all 2 buddies did great with it though

bbcoach

Most 870's like chokes in the.665 range.  The SSX, Indian Creek and Sumtoy are a few of the best for the LB 6's

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Ranger

Indian Creek and Sumtoy are in a league of their own right now, and very comparable.  What makes Sumtoy second to none is the service, first time I went I shot several different loads and he cut more than 5 or 6 chokes before HE was satisfied. Carried others guns there and the same thing, William will make it as tight as you want it no matter how many chokes he cuts.  And for those that sent their guns to get dialed in with shells like Compton, you can tell he's going the extra mile for you.  (I don't have a dog in the fight, just know quality people and service)
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

bobk

Indian Creek in both Benelli and Remington , 12 and 20 guage.

yelpaholic

Gamblinman

The original Jellyheads from Primos always shot good patterns from 870's. I've heard the newer models were not as good.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

longspur

I shoot Indian Creek. I didn't shoot every choke but several of the popular ones and it worked best. Didn't try Sumtoy.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BTH

12 ga. Bansner Tru Glo SSX. Shoots everything I have run through it exceptionally well.

10ga.......hopefully the Kicks GT .690 I just got  ;D
Phil 4:13

Big Jeremy

Sumtoy all day in my 870. In fact, I've had my best results in every gun I've tried one with through Sumtoys. I need one for my 20 gauge...I assume it's probably better than the Wright's Swarm I currently run in it.

A close second to the sumtoy in my 870 12 gauge is the old style jellyhead. Just behind it, for me at least, was Indian Creek in third place. Then SSX, then the Remington XX-full, then the Hevi-Shot choke, then the new jellyhead.

The top four were all fairly close, and any of them would kill turkeys at 40 yards. Sumtoy had best numbers, and more importantly, best overall pattern. Absolutely no gaps in the pattern, regardless of load used. Pretty phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KentuckyLB

Remington 870 Rhino 660 Gen 1 all day long

Winchester sx4 Indian Creek 665.

daddyduke

Remington 870 with non-ported H.S. Strut Undertaker choke.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.