turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Walmart situation

Started by zelmo1, February 09, 2019, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickT

What Walmart was this? Asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs Up

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 09, 2019, 04:23:45 PM
Just got back from Walmart, my conscience got to me. I explained it to the manager and that I would return the ammo. He was cool, he said that the price I paid was authorized by the employee who was his representative. I told him that I couldn't be responsible for someone getting fired and he actually shook my hand. He said the employee has an attitude problem, but wasn't getting fired. I offered again to make it right and he said, " It's all good"  I feel better and he gave me the deal. I would have missed every dam bird with those shells if I didn't go back. Thanks for your input, but I already knew what to do. Dam that good role model, lol. Shoot straight ????????????

:icon_thumright:

Now...enjoy those shells!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

Glad you went back, you are a good man for. 
Now the ammo should have no misses!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

SteelerFan

You did the right thing. I had a clerk at Bass Pro one time charge me $12.99 for a whole case of steel shot. I mentioned that was wrong, it was $12.99 x 10. He thanked me. I told him doing the right thing mattered more to me than the cost of some shells. Much like it did with you.

tomstopper

Kylongspur88

If that's what the price tag said then so be it.

renegade19

I had a new scope for my slug gun ring up stupid low one time.  Brought it to their attention.  Lady behind me in line commended me for doing the right thing in front of her kids and the manager gave me a $50 gift card for my honesty.  Good day all around!

Takeaim1st

Galatians  VI,  Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  Bless You.

Harty

You did the right thing.....if you hadn't you probably would have missed a few extra clays using those shells :)

MK M GOBL

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 09, 2019, 05:01:23 PM
Quote from: zelmo1 on February 09, 2019, 04:23:45 PM
Just got back from Walmart, my conscience got to me. I explained it to the manager and that I would return the ammo. He was cool, he said that the price I paid was authorized by the employee who was his representative. I told him that I couldn't be responsible for someone getting fired and he actually shook my hand. He said the employee has an attitude problem, but wasn't getting fired. I offered again to make it right and he said, " It's all good"  I feel better and he gave me the deal. I would have missed every dam bird with those shells if I didn't go back. Thanks for your input, but I already knew what to do. Dam that good role model, lol. Shoot straight ????????????
Imo that says alot about you...Sometimes I feel my conscience is a curse,but in all reality I wouldnt want it any other way. You have to be able to live with yourself and I commend you sir.. :icon_thumright:

Right there, you did right! I would have done the same if had happened.

Having worked in the retail environment for the past 25+ years I have seen a lot with customers and employees, Yes we honor pricing errors, pretty much have to, but in case would have limited the number of boxes bought. Sounded like the "kid" needs some customer service skills...

MK M GOBL

ChiefBubba

I've read many times smart shoppers always negotiate at all stores. I see this as you negotiated a better price. So not quite the same thing you're buying a car salesman says car is 15000, you point out sticker says 20000. He says yes but it's 15. So you buy car. Are you going to feel guilty and go back and pay the extra 5? Just think of it as you negotiated a great price. Bubba

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 10, 2019, 07:47:53 AM
I've read many times smart shoppers always negotiate at all stores. I see this as you negotiated a better price. So not quite the same thing you're buying a car salesman says car is 15000, you point out sticker says 20000. He says yes but it's 15. So you buy car. Are you going to feel guilty and go back and pay the extra 5? Just think of it as you negotiated a great price. Bubba
Some people don't understand,but us guys with a conscience can't trick ourselves into believing we did right when actually we did wrong. Your either born with it or it's instilled into you. :whip2: by strick parenting growing up..

Old Gobbler

What was the price of the bennelli SBE3 ?
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ChiefBubba

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 10, 2019, 08:02:35 AM
Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 10, 2019, 07:47:53 AM
Some people don't understand,but us guys with a conscience can't trick ourselves into believing we did right when actually we did wrong. Your either born with it or it's instilled into you. :whip2: by strick parenting growing up..

So was at a gun show recently asked a dealer about 2 cases of gun Ammo and he dropped the price 30 bucks and I took it. So if this was a big box store I should feel guilty that I got a better price? Or did I just rob this guy of 30 bucks and now my conscience says I have to give it back? My conscience is clear. Bubba