OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opinions on strawser pots

Started by Fl strutter, February 08, 2019, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

I just bought 2 pots from pat strawser on a flash sale. One is a laminate green slate and other is a laminate glass over glass. Never ran any of his what can i expect?

SoIncallcollector

I have a grey slate in chestnut that I got from tomfooleryy on here. I really like it. One of my better sounding pots.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Depends on whether you can run a call or not? If you  can he knows how to build calls. I have never bought a pot call of his that couldn't call in a turkey and I have alot of Pats calls.
If someone happens to not practice and learn how to use a call it doesn't matter who made the call it isn't going to be as effective.

Fl strutter

I was just asking what i could expect as ive never ran any of his pots( as in sound or quality) but thanks for your concern on how well i can run a call.

yelpaholic

LOL.  the blue duece is a good pot, those should be to, he makes a quality call.  You should know soon enough.

HookedonHooks

Pats calls are killer! I've got a handful that will run with the best of them for sure.

afhunter1

Didn't he win back to back DD Adams awards 2007 and 2008?

Just saying!!!!

EZ

You can expect what a Multi decorated "Caller" and "Call Maker" would be expected to produce. I love Pat's calls.

Fl strutter

Ive ran and own a lot of great callmakers pots just not Pat's. Just figured some that owned them would know more about them. Looking forward to getting them.

compton30

Really wanted to try and pick something up from his sale today, but just couldn't stay up long enough. Damn graveyard shift

PSEoutlaw07

I've heard he stopped placing calls in  DD adams to let the other up and comers win haha

PSEoutlaw07

Quote from: compton30 on February 08, 2019, 03:41:49 PM
Really wanted to try and pick something up from his sale today, but just couldn't stay up long enough. Damn graveyard shift

Man I set an alarm so I wouldn't forget about that 10am sale and kept refreshing his page and still didnt get one, so dont feel bad

compton30

Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on February 08, 2019, 06:53:44 PM

Man I set an alarm so I wouldn't forget about that 10am sale and kept refreshing his page and still didnt get one, so dont feel bad
Hahaha this legitimately made me feel better. Being a degenerate turkey call buyer is a bad affliction

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: compton30 on February 08, 2019, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on February 08, 2019, 06:53:44 PM

Hahaha this legitimately made me feel better. Being a degenerate turkey call buyer is a bad affliction

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Never seen a truer statement made on this board... Just an affliction we must live with, if our wives don't kill us first.

zsully

I have a chestnut deuce and a keystone slate from Pat. Both are top notch.