OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Special Purpose 870

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 07, 2019, 04:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Switched to a Jebs .650 shooting number 9 TSS. And i am having trouble uploading photos. But take my word for it. It is unreal. Great combo! Gun used to like a comp n choke and old white hevi shot 6's
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

1iagobblergetter

kytrkyhntr

tha bugman

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 07, 2019, 04:01:58 PM
Switched to a Jebs .650 shooting number 9 TSS. And i am having trouble uploading photos. But take my word for it. It is unreal. Great combo! Gun used to like a comp n choke and old white hevi shot 6's
Did you count hits in a 10" circle at 40 yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kytrkyhntr

No, I never got into counting it. It's more than I had time to count. Some would say too tight I'm sure. Nice even pattern though. Federal shells #9 shot. Love them. I shot one bird with them during fall season. They are well worth 30 a box if you're only using (hopefully) 1 box a year.

Gobble!

Another example of the Federal #9s liking a crazy tight choke. You shooting the 3" or 3.5" shells?

kytrkyhntr

3 inch only! It's an older special purpose. Not compatible with 3 1/2 . I like Those number 9's in my 20 gauge and someone had a box they sold me and I tried them in my 12. Love them both lol

owlhoot

Quote from: Gobble! on February 08, 2019, 01:20:15 PM
Another example of the Federal #9s liking a crazy tight choke. You shooting the 3" or 3.5" shells?

I know the HW7's like a Carlson .640 in my 21" 870. Have not tried the tss 9's in it though.

SKFOOTER

owlhoot

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 09, 2019, 09:00:30 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch, I didn't want to buy Tss for that gun Darn it. :lol: