turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help me pick a short box

Started by Jeremy66, February 01, 2019, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy66

Like the title says, I am in the market for my first short box.  Have been using Halloran twisted sister and learning a diaphragm call but would like to add a short box as well.

So..what do you guys recommend?  Would like to stay around the $80 and under mark.  Wouldn't mind picking up one from a member on here.  Doesn't need to be a big name, just a great call that I can learn on and won't outgrow.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

silverspur

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 01, 2019, 09:25:31 AM
Contact Lee Smith - Frozencrowcalls.com or

Lee Smith calls are about 125.00 and he is making some really great sounding box calls.  I don't think he has a long waiting list either.  But now is the time to try and get one before the mad rush to the NWTF Convention then the start of turkey season
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Bowguy

I agree w the SS boxes. Don't overlook Halloran either

KYTURKEY

Jeff White makes a killer field box. I am not sure on price, but they are around what you are looking to spend.

Caspar

i vote jeffwhitecustoms. he makes a killer box at a very reasonable price.  i have one now and am waiting on two more

yelpaholic

Try a ml Lynch  foolproof , the one siders are usually a little easier to learn on .

SwampRooster17

tracker#1

I killed a lot of birds, with hens, for many years with a Lynch world champion before I found this site and started buying and trying others. A good starter call. Quaker boy also, there right down the street from me. I can tell you also that there are some great callmakers found here on this site and are top notch, easy to deal with and pure gentleman. To many to list.....

vt35mag

TauntoHawk

for your price SS Custom calls would be my first phone call
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sbbow

Jeff White

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

If you could go a smidge more theres a beautiful Tim Bullock short box on the Swap board right now...that's a state of the art call in most people's books.

turkey stew

SSCustom short box. All of Al`s and Josh`s boxes run turkey.