OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tj Johnson call

Started by fordhunt, January 31, 2019, 10:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 22, 2019, 12:29:18 PM
how long is the wait time on his calls now?
If you do facebook , you can become friends and message him.. he's always willing to help and he will get back with you...

culpeper

Greg, I have built 7 'fruit' boxes of various woods, Apple, Persimmon, though I don't believe Persimmon is really a fruit tree and Black Cherry.  All were Short Boxes, the Cherry have worked very well.  The Persimmon was good, but not sure I pushed it far enough and I plan to build more this year.

Greg Massey

Quote from: culpeper on February 22, 2019, 02:43:51 PM
Greg, I have built 7 'fruit' boxes of various woods, Apple, Persimmon, though I don't believe Persimmon is really a fruit tree and Black Cherry.  All were Short Boxes, the Cherry have worked very well.  The Persimmon was good, but not sure I pushed it far enough and I plan to build more this year.
I agree with you some of the persimmon and black cherry make some killer boxes ...  you need to put  a Mora / apple or snakewood /apple together ... that would be interesting combo ... I didn't know if persimmon was a fruit either, but in looking it up i guess it's a fruit ..

crenshawco

I got my call from TJ today, and I can't put it down. He's definitely got it figured out, and will be doing Marlin an honor carrying on his legacy.