turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New pot call what to get?

Started by Ranger007, January 31, 2019, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger007

Usually get a new pot or two every year. Thinking about a Lonzo this year since I don't have one yet.

Any recommendations?

Sir-diealot

I believe it is Footballer that makes a great ceramic, I may have that wrong though and can't get to mine right now. Somebody please correct me if I have the name wrong. I believe I am thinking of Mark. If not he is the one that makes a very nice black anodized aluminum. I have each mentioned call from each of them but just can't remember due to my meds right now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tomfooleryy

don't have one but have heard nothing but great things about footballers calls. ceramic was mentioned in the post above, stumpy on this forum makes an outstanding ceramic, I have one in an ambrosia maple pot and it is unbelievable. If your thinking lonzo I picked up a orange agate glass earlier this year and it is also a great call. cant go wrong with any of them.

compton30

I have an order in to MAC for a Canarywood Aluminum that I am JACKED about. Smokin

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomfooleryy on January 31, 2019, 09:09:30 PM
don't have one but have heard nothing but great things about footballers calls. ceramic was mentioned in the post above, stumpy on this forum makes an outstanding ceramic, I have one in an ambrosia maple pot and it is unbelievable. If your thinking lonzo I picked up a orange agate glass earlier this year and it is also a great call. cant go wrong with any of them.
Yes thank you I believe it is Stumpy for the ceramic and Mark aka Footballer for the Anodized Aluminum. Love both calls and glad I spent the money on them. Both very reasonable.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: compton30 on January 31, 2019, 09:12:44 PM
I have an order in to MAC for a Canarywood Aluminum that I am JACKED about. Smokin
I have a great Spalted Maple and green slate from him, made me my second ever costume call.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I remembered I had the calls listed on my Facebook in case somebody saw them and wanted to get one from the makers. Here he (Footballer) is running the Aluminum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3R_fOKAk9I

The ceramic is a Ambrosia Maple Pot The strikers are redhear and webwood and bacote and maple By Dominator Calls which is Stumpy I do belive.

John Koenig:

raven105

Just a pot or two? Man, I need your discipline. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

Daddy rat's , Footballer and Stumpy are all great choices.
Fortunate to have a bunch of other talented guys here as well.
Looking at Lonzo and Schaffers myself right now.
SS calls makes a great pot if/when they are available. Those enticer wet calls are neat as well.
Phil 4:13

Boykin Hollow

I have about 6 of Lonzo's pot calls.  I have his grey, green and the first ever red slate pot call he made.  Also have his glass and aluminum pot calls too.  My next one from him will be a crystal pot call.  You cannot go wrong with anything he makes as they are pure turkey !!!!

Bowguy

How can anyone recommend when we don't know what you have besides no Lonzo? He's a good choice. Imo the 2 calls you need if you don't have are an Atomic 13 by Schafer or Crystal Mistress by Halloran

EZ

I have bought seven different calls from Travis (twyatt) on here in the last few months. From slate/cherry, slate/walnut to green slate/cherry, glass/spalted maple, ceramic/pauduk and they all run as sweet as any call I have. They are absolutely turkey killers and VERY reasonably priced.

silverspur

Quote from: EZ on February 01, 2019, 07:04:32 AM
I have bought seven different calls from Travis (twyatt) on here in the last few months. From slate/cherry, slate/walnut to green slate/cherry, glass/spalted maple, ceramic/pauduk and they all run as sweet as any call I have. They are absolutely turkey killers and VERY reasonably priced.

I am with EZ.  I have a twyatt slate call that is a great sounding call.  I have ran a bunch more and all were killers in my book.  Travis is great to deal with and as EZ stated, calls are reasonably priced.  Its that time of year to get in turkey mode.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

SteelerFan

Quote from: silverspur on February 01, 2019, 07:51:51 AM
Quote from: EZ on February 01, 2019, 07:04:32 AM

I am with EZ.  I have a twyatt slate call that is a great sounding call.  I have ran a bunch more and all were killers in my book.  Travis is great to deal with and as EZ stated, calls are reasonably priced.  Its that time of year to get in turkey mode.

A cherry slate & a green aluminum from Travis is a hard pair to beat / especially since you could get both for a reasonable price.

HookedonHooks

There are many, many options obviously. But if you're sticking with Lonzo, I'll tell you my favorite that I have in each of his surfaces. In my opinion his strongest call overall I have is his Cocobola anodized aluminum over glass. The others in each surface would be Jatoba stoned aluminum over glass, Bullet Tree glass over glass, Orange Agate crystal over slate, Paduak/Mahoe laminate slate over aluminum, Bullet Tree green slate over glass, and Bubinga ceramic over glass. He also makes acrylic calls in just about all his surfaces for a more waterproof option that are all very nice, especially the stoned aluminum.