turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2019 Goals

Started by zelmo1, January 30, 2019, 01:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

My goals for the 2019 turkey season are simple.......KILL A GOBBLER!!!
Seriously!! I'm not trying to be a smartass. The last 2 seasons for me have been my worst in 20 years. I've had terrible luck, and the two birds that did come in, I couldn't get shots on.
So I'll consider killing a gobbler a successful season. :fud: :turkey:
My ultimate goals are to:
- Have a good season in terms of gobbling and seeing birds.
- Kill a few gobblers.
- Get my 20 ga. build completed before the season, and kill my first TSS bird.
- Kill birds in states I've never gotten one in before.
- Enjoy a successful season before I have major surgery at the end of the season.

NCL

My goal is simple just get out as much as possible and enjoy ever moment like it was a fine bourbon.

PEPPERHEAD

Hunt more, work less..... we can dream can't we???

JoeA

I have 2 goals this season. First, help a friend get his second bird. Second, bust my first Eastern.
NWTF, SCI, DU and Half Tone Game Calls

acesand8s

I hope to be able to call my Dad in a bird. I would like to kill a globber in at least 2 new states. Hopefully gain a lot more experience this year and in turn gain more knowledge.

Drew2425

My 2019 goal is to get my first turkey! Going on season 3

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Drew2425 on February 10, 2019, 12:26:18 AM
:welcomeOG: You and me both. I have been doing it for a while though, car accident kept me away for 17 years.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Drew2425

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 10, 2019, 01:04:13 AM
:welcomeOG: You and me both. I have been doing it for a while though, car accident kept me away for 17 years.

Thanks! I called in my first hens last year and that was a great experience for a newbie.

ChiefBubba

Go hunting as many times as I can and have fun. Bubba

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Drew2425 on February 10, 2019, 08:08:27 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 10, 2019, 01:04:13 AM

Thanks! I called in my first hens last year and that was a great experience for a newbie.
First time I had something coming in it was a tom or maybe a jake, it was gobbling so hard all the way in that I got so amped I almost puked. I made a rookie mistake that I knew not to do but did it anyway, turned to see him as he was coming in from behind me, off he went.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TKE921

1) Kill a gobbler in FL, VA, and WV.

2) Call in a bird for my father-in-law who taught me to turkey hunt and called in my first several birds.

Hook hanger

Have a fun and safe season #1. Then try and fill all the tags I can.

rcleofly

I public land in Michigan. We have a group of 6 guys. We are all allowed 1 bird and only have a 7 day season. Our goal is for all of us to fill our tag. In 5 years we have never been able to bag 6 turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EKavanagh

Get my son his first turkey. Kill a Rio in KS. Get permission on more private land