OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2019 Goals

Started by zelmo1, January 30, 2019, 01:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harty

Through the years I find I put less emphasis on killing though it's still a rush.
Goals would be to get in the woods with my boys and work a few birds. SOAK it
all in when the woods come alive at dawn. Start to research and plan a hunt for merriams out west.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: davisd9 on January 30, 2019, 06:15:26 PM
Have a conversation with a turkey, take my boy a time or two, watch a buddy kill a bird, and maybe kill one or two myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling you will witness a couple fall, if this year is anything like the last two.

old goat

I hope to get a chance to hunt my two grown sons.try to hunt every day and enjoy the woods and avoid mr.  no shoulders. :drool:

TRG3

Make my own nail turkey friction call and take a tom with it.

Sir-diealot

I would like to get my first turkey. If possible 2 of them but one would quite suffice.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Uncle Nicky

Have fun, kill turkeys. Setting goals takes the fun out of it for me.

derek

Hunt every day possible.  Still have a wife come June 2nd. 

Have a few smaller goals along the way like trying for a single season slam, first merriams and first rio.  Trying a add a few states and get it all on film.  But all these "goals" revolve around the original - hunt every day possible. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Dukejb

I want to call a turkey all the way in with one of my Buice trumpets and shoot it with my Parker 20.

Longbeard33

Watch my 12 year old son take his first Osceola this spring and guide some guys to their first Merriam's.
What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

-Albert Pike

BB30

Spend more time in the woods.

Make a trip over to hunt with my best friend once a week.

Find something I learned from each hunt regardless of how much time was spent in the woods that particular hunt.

Do a better job of journaling my hunts and taking more pictures for the scrap book.

Get another youngster their first turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Hear lots of birds gobbling and work a few.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spurs

Quote from: warrent423 on February 01, 2019, 11:24:44 AM
To sit down against a tree each day and call to the gun, and kill cleanly, as many Public Land Longbeards as the good Lord will allow me.

This and get my son his first one. 
This year is going to suck!!!

bbcoach

Enjoy time in the woods with my hunting buddies, hear several gobbles and maybe get a bird or 2.  Very simple.

tomfooleryy

Top of the list is getting one with dad this year, been a long time since we've been able to get in the woods together

turkaholic

Hunt as many days as possible with my worn out body.
live to hunt hunt to live