OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carrying a bird

Started by turkey_slayer, January 29, 2019, 07:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I know some throw them over their shoulder whether by hand or tote or carry them like a pocket book but how many actually put them in their vest?

SD_smith

I use the vest bag. Seems pointless to have one and not use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Never, ditched the "vest" a long time ago and went to a Badlands Hip Pack, I have a paracord tote I made, and a waterproof sock I put over the head and neck.

MK M GOBL

Gobspur

Yep, I use the vest bag to carry.  Unless its just a short walk.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Brad_Colvin

I just think a gobbler is meant to be carried or strapped and slung over the shoulder instead of being stuffed inside a vest pocket. Just personal preference I guess. I like feeling him peck the back of my leg all the way back to the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3bailey3

I have always used the bag in my vest but this year I am ditching the vest for Ms. Glenda's tote and I have brought a paracord tote to carry one out I hope, and a sock on his head? I love getting blood all down my back!!

tha bugman

I got a leather strap so I can carry him head up and tell him what he did wrong all the way back to the truck

Brad_Colvin

Quote from: tha bugman on January 29, 2019, 07:53:46 PM
I got a leather strap so I can carry him head up and tell him what he did wrong all the way back to the truck

Lol me and this guy had a long talk one morning.

hush

^ Looks like he's coming out of your sleeve!

Gobspur

Quote from: Brad_Colvin on January 29, 2019, 07:44:41 PM
I just think a gobbler is meant to be carried or strapped and slung over the shoulder instead of being stuffed inside a vest pocket. Just personal preference I guess. I like feeling him peck the back of my leg all the way back to the truck.

I agree with you.  But when I'm 3.8 mile in, he can ride in the trunk lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Happy

Typically use sling them over my shoulder by their feet. I using a handmade tote but if its particularly steep and nasty I will use the back of my vest. I don't mind the blood and my vest has stains from the only turkey I have killed still in the seat.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bobk

I use a homemade leather tote. The strap is wide and carries well.

davisd9

I have a couple totes I use or let a friend use. It is a great time to thank the Lord as I walk out so I like free hands. I have too much stuff being stored in the bag to use it. I also enjoys patting/petting the feathers as I walk out remembering our dance.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tomstopper

Depends. If on public land, he goes in the vest for safety reasons (lots of idiots out there). If on private, he goes over the shoulder.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk