turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

He didn't even Rattle!!

Started by Roostem33, April 26, 2011, 07:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracyky

I would have messed my pants. Probably just now posting due to his hands just quit shaking.

Ky strutt n bust n

awesome trophy! lol. man i'd hate to have walked across that dude in the dark or even during the day time. yekes! kill em all :z-guntootsmiley:

bowhunter84

Quote from: pullit on April 26, 2011, 08:07:13 PM
I have killed them before and they did not rattle.
The best way I have found to kill them is to choke them to death on heel dust when you take off running.... :toothy12:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Basser69

Welcome to the south and snake boots are a must! Nice job taking him out. 1 less to worry about for the rest of us

mossy835

I can do fine without them. Glad no one got bit as that would have ruined your day.

lightsoutcalls

Better him than you!  It'll give you the heebie-geebies for sure.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

SinGin

I guess all the snake lovers are going to sit this one out. Great story with a very happy ending. Except for the part about the turkeys not gobbling.

WyoHunter

He'll make a nice belt, hat band or just skin him and tack him up. Other than being a rattler is he a canebrake, timber or eastern diamond back? He must have got the old ticker skipping a few beats!  :you_rock:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Ol'Mossy

Roostem33

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 27, 2011, 07:50:59 PM
He'll make a nice belt, hat band or just skin him and tack him up. Other than being a rattler is he a canebrake, timber or eastern diamond back? He must have got the old ticker skipping a few beats!  :you_rock:
Don't know much about them, but my buddy said it was a Timber Rattler. I've only seen one Rattle Snake in my 12 yrs of hunting turkeys in West Ga. but he did warn me about them before we went.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Ky strutt n bust n

sometimes in mid-day i feel as when im hunting im being preyed upon also. they hide so well in the leaves. round here we got big problem with copperheads and cottonmouths. my buddy stepped on a copperhead this past saturday. scared him pissless, bit his boot. ill try getting pic on here sometime

ILIKEHEVI-13

You know I would like to see one of them in the wild.  I know we got them where I hunt, but I have yet to see one.