OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many calls to be considered a collector?

Started by Harty, January 28, 2019, 10:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harty

I am gradually expanding my pot call collection(it's been difficult to keep under control). How many do I need to be considered a collector? How many do you guys have and how many different maker?

Thanks in advance for replys

Boykin Hollow

Are you referring to the ones the wife knows about or all the ones that she does not know about ????

callmakerman

gaswamp

if you are buying calls that you don't intend hunting with but rather for displaying or other then, you are a collector.  Number don't matter

Yoder409

With me, it's box calls.  But I refer to myself as an "accumulator"..................  :D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Triple B

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 28, 2019, 09:25:08 PM
With me, it's box calls.  But I refer to myself as an "accumulator"..................  :D
A hoarder works too. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

tracker#1

JLH

Quote from: gaswamp on January 28, 2019, 07:06:41 PM
if you are buying calls that you don't intend hunting with but rather for displaying or other then, you are a collector.  Number don't matter

I have agree with this...

1iagobblergetter

When you buy one and its not even to your mailbox and your already thinking about the next one you want to buy. Also when your trying to beat your wife to the mailbox..  :help:

Harty

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 30, 2019, 01:42:04 AM
When you buy one and its not even to your mailbox and your already thinking about the next one you want to buy. Also when your trying to beat your wife to the mailbox..  :help:

OK, by the above definition I guess I am officially a collector!,

3bailey3

Boykin Hollow

I have mine sent to the office so I do not have to beat the wife to the mail box. 

PSEoutlaw07

I think once you start buying calls "just cuz" you can
You are collecting them

Yoder409

Quote from: Triple B on January 29, 2019, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 28, 2019, 09:25:08 PM
A hoarder works too. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Or that.    Yep.

;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.