Mossy Oak Overwatch

Started by PSEoutlaw07, January 27, 2019, 11:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSEoutlaw07

Just wanna hear people's thoughts on new M.O Overwatch pattern

Sixes

Looks like an aerial overview of a desert

LaLongbeard

I've been a fan of MossyOak since the beginning, but like everything else MO has gone off the rails and will attempt to sell anything for a dollar. I have give up on the MO store and there Chinese made clothing. When they brought back Greenleaf and Bottomland I bought a bunch, it looks nothing like the original and the quality is garbage. Not to mention the sizes I bought almost every size pants and non fit they were all odd fitting and no two were the same. Out of 4 or 5 pair I got one that fits decent.
I started buying the vintage MossyOak and Realtree clothes online. American made clothes that fit,if your lucky you can find some that's not faded bad, I got a couple shirts with the tags still in them and pants that looked new all for less than the new junk.

Got this Real tree jacket for 10$ has a military jacket liner. I don't remember ever seeing these for sale when new but it's like new and actually fits lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

BMAC_Turkeys

I got some new MO stuff made out of cotton.  Maybe the cotton mill stuff.  It faded after 3 washes.  I was in the woods and it almost looked white. 

trad bow

I be fallen for the camouflage craze just like everyone else but I'm starting to go back to earth tone clothes ie brown, greys and different shades of green. Same colors a lot of country folks wear around the farm. Seems to be better quality clothes than what's hanging in the camouflage sections of outdoor stores. 

PSEoutlaw07

I agree with most of ya here, I dont like the overwatch, I mean I get it they have to come up with new stuff but nothin beats original bottomland and original treestand in my opinion
As far as the MO store clothes being cheap, I agree with that too. I loved when Russell made their clothes, I feel like they made quality but I will say I have alot of the gamekeeper line and it seems to be a little more rugged

Bowguy

This is the way I view camo. I've posted this before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Bowguy on January 29, 2019, 05:18:34 PM
This is the way I view camo. I've posted this before

I get what your saying, I rarley wore camo when I bowhunted, I killed piles of deer with a longbow wearing earth toned shirts and pants. But there is no comparison to a deers ability to pick you out and a Gobblers.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MDTOM84

Just got my 1187 20ga dipped in Overwatch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PSEoutlaw07

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 30, 2019, 07:35:19 AM
Just got my 1187 20ga dipped in Overwatch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It does look like a tree trunk from an oak or sweet gum
Nice

MDTOM84

I wanted something different, the guy who did the work can get any Mossy Oak color and I was just going to get bottomland but I found a picture of the Overwatch and I said that's different!!

Greg Massey

I just wear odd ball stuff in camo, miss match etc and I've never had a gun camo or dipped that a turkey new or told me the gun was pretty .... I've bought some pretty nice camo from Goodwill cheap.....

longspur

I don't worry too much about cammo. Sure not gonna spend much hard earned dollars on it. Just blend in. Plaid shirts work about as good as anything. Different shades of brown or green depending on time of year. If you set up where he can see you before he's in range its high risk no matter what you wear.

turkaholic

Every time you bugger up a set up because you were detected, you bring an education to your quarry. Leafy wear is the man!
live to hunt hunt to live

aclawrence

I just posted something similar in the Camo pants thread. My struggle is the quality and construction issue. If Kuhl or Prana made their pants in a good camo pattern they would be the bomb. I'm still trying to find some comparable camo clothes.  That overwatch wouldn't be my first choice but I think it would get the job done just fine.