turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Must sees at NWTF Convention Nashville

Started by opster246, January 26, 2019, 06:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opster246

My boys and I are going to Nashville for the NWTF convention - just wondered what the must see/don't miss booths, exhibits, spots are?

Greg Massey

Look up NWTF Convention on line and look at the show floor layout and see were most of the turkey stuff is located ... I wrote down the  ones i wanted to see the most .... lol... you will surprised what all is mixed in with the turkey stuff , that has nothing to do in my opinion with turkeys ....

opster246

That was my plan, but there is so many vendors it is hard to not miss a few of the good ones - I know I want to watch for a vendor that had stick tite remover gloves - saw them 2 yrs ago and wish I had a pair, so that is on my to do list.

ezmorningrebel

Are there single day passes to this or do.you have to buy the full package advertised on the website to even get in?

Gooserbat

Buy a membership (they usualy comp a $35 membership with a $25 basspro gift card) and then your good to go. 

Oh yeah I'd be happy for any and all OG folks to stop by booth 1616 and introduce yourself.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kyturkeyhunter4

I've been wonting to get up there the last couple of years Gosserbat this year I'm finally going to get to go so I will have to swing back and introduce my self and check your booth out.

ChiefBubba

I'm coming up this year. We need to try and plan an OG meeting. At least try and meet a few of us. Bubba

ezmorningrebel

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 26, 2019, 11:45:33 PM
Buy a membership (they usualy comp a $35 membership with a $25 basspro gift card) and then your good to go. 

Oh yeah I'd be happy for any and all OG folks to stop by booth 1616 and introduce yourself.

so those ticket packages are for access to special events but just getting on the floor is open to any nwtf member?

doublespurs21

Quote from: ezmorningrebel on January 27, 2019, 10:22:50 AM
Quote from: Gooserbat on January 26, 2019, 11:45:33 PM

so those ticket packages are for access to special events but just getting on the floor is open to any nwtf member?
yes,, all nwtf members .. the floor is free to enter

PSEoutlaw07

Do yourself a favor and go for a few minutes to the grand national calling contest...impressive how good they are with mouth calls

opster246

Will surely pop in the calling contests!  That was pretty cool!  Will stop by booth 1616 for sure!!  We stopped at the Primos booth last time. Mr. Jimmy Primos was awesome with my younges son. He bought.a call from Mr Jimmy and shot his first turkey 6 weeks later. We sent a picture to Mr. Jimmy and he asked my son to call him and tell him all about the hunt(my som was too shy, so we didn't call). I thought that was pretty cool he would take that time for a kid he met 6 weeks earlier for only a few minutes. I always liked the Primos shows-Will and Jimmy seem like good people, the kind I'd like to hang out with.

KYTURKEY

I say, stop by all the callmakers booths. Even if it's just to say hi.  Most callmakers love to talk to people.  It makes a lot of callmakers trips, to meet new people, and put faces with names that they have sent a call to, or talked to online.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: ChiefBubba on January 27, 2019, 06:31:48 AM
I'm coming up this year. We need to try and plan an OG meeting. At least try and meet a few of us. Bubba
I'm game.  My wife booked it for an anniversary trip so evenings are planned but maybe lunch or breakfast one day?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fallhnt

Don't forget to join the NWTF

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

MAKEemQUIVER

Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on January 27, 2019, 11:08:29 AM
Do yourself a favor and go for a few minutes to the grand national calling contest...impressive how good they are with mouth calls

Crazy how good they are!
Go Big Blue!!!!!!