OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

is it time,, turkey on the brain????

Started by doublespurs21, January 19, 2019, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

just received the new Midwest turkey call catalog today,, a lot of calls in there , this year,, Also booked a out of state spring turkey hunt for this year, first time for that,, man o man ,,, turkey on the brain,,,,,  can not beat that...

Gobble!

Yep hit me hard a couple weeks ago. Tried to distant myself from anything turkey so I would actually deer hunt but that's over.

Yoder409

Still 3 months from today (and our impending foot of snow) until Youth Day.  Another week after that til us big kids can hunt.  So as easy as it could be, when seeing groups of longbeards out feeding through the picked corn fields............ I ain't doin' it.   Too stinkin' long til I can do anything about it.  No sense in being all dressed up with no place to go..........    :(
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Will

Even more so now after I hunted for turkey on a 3 day Winter season hunt this weekend and had birds gobbling on the roost.

buzzardroost

Florida season isn't to awfully far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

After tomorrow I'll be ready. One more day of Fall/Winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Spitten and drummen

Im still bowhunting but turkeys are on my brain all year. Gonna be a great spring. Seen 4 different groups of long beards ranging from 4 to 9 and a flock of hens ranging close to 50. 1300 acres all to myself.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kyturkeyhunter4

Can't wait I've been thinking about everyday since deer season

Tail Feathers

Just under 2 months and so much prep work to do!  Plus the NWTF convention and a few vacation days in TN to go with it in less than a month   I am already looking forward to full turkey immersion.  :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

I don't think I ever stop thinking of it but it seems like every end of Jan to the beginning of Feb it starts to really begin to get the heart pumping faster.  :funnyturkey: :turkey2:

Gooserbat

Once I mentally turn off deer season, I begin to get turkey brain.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nyhunter

I tried stop thinking about turkey hunting once  :TrainWreck1:  :bike2:  :character0029:, almost ended up in the round rubber padded room!!!!  For me turkey season is 12 months 365days 24hours a day.

dayna105

Picked up a couple new calls since last season. Been seeing a flock of hens and another group of toms just a 1/2 mile from the house. Almost every weekend. Not sure I'll get to hunt this spring as I'm getting shoulder surgery tomorrow. Hoping for the best, still not open till April so there's a chance. 

Dr Juice

Yes ... indeed it is! I cannot wait until May 1st, our opener in NY.

ezmorningrebel

i've been out a few times for the fall season which we still have a week of but i'm ready to hear some gobbling.