OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stats

Started by Muskie03, April 26, 2011, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

May 4, 2011

Joshua...... 62.125
Expressjet......64.35
Blueribbion.....74.15
Bird.....78.25
Pitboss....68.1
Ghillie....71.56
Bad Grizzly.....62.37
Doublegobble...75.685
Muskie....70.5
TracyKY....61.4

Total...688.5525
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Muskie03

Next closest competitor has 658.015 as of April 28, 2011

doublegobble

Voodoo 687.93 as of 5/9/11
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Muskie03

Shock gobble is our closest competitor with 668. They also have an upgrade yet to be posted. But we have one too. Another barn burner boy's!

joshua

Boy's I think we just hit the jackpot with Stoner's bird.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

bird

Quote from: joshua on May 13, 2011, 11:55:37 PM
Boy's I think we just hit the jackpot with Stoner's bird.

I wouldn't rule out SG&A just yet.  We need Stoner to post his pictures in the Kill thread rather than in a thread all by itself in order for his score to count toward the team total.

bird

doublegobble

Ok, I think this is where we are currently:
Stoner: 85.8125
Bird: 78.25
Doublegobble: 75.0625
Blueribbon: 74.15
Ghillie: 71.56
Muskie03: 70.5625
Pittboss: 68.1
Expressjet: 64.35
Bad Grizzly: 62.37
Joshua: 62.125

TOTAL: 712.3425
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

bird

Guys I have to step in here and correct something that I see as completely wrong.  Much discussion has been made over the bird that Stoner has harvested.  The issue that is being brought up by many members of the site is the beard or double beard.   Stoner has provided the best pictures possible of the base of the beard and the issue at hand is that many people are saying that the bird is not truly a double bearded bird and that the pictures of the base clearly show that the beard although a very nice paintbrush was split at one time because of an injury or whatever.  And quite honestly I have to agree with this assessment.  Not to take anything away from Stoner and his bird as it is clearly a very nice bird and anyone would be proud to have harvested such a trophy but we cannot count that second beard in all good conscious.  So I am going to adjust our score to indicate such.  I sure you all will understand why we can't count this second beard as I am sure that you all would not want to win a friendly contest with a controversy hanging over our heads.  I am aware that Shock Gobble and Awe has the same situation with a bird on their team to that appears to be the same situation with it and I am sure that they too will do the right thing and adjust their score appropriately to indicate such.

Stoner: 68.8125

TOTAL: 695.3425

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: bird on May 17, 2011, 11:49:46 AM
Guys I have to step in here and correct something that I see as completely wrong.  Much discussion has been made over the bird that Stoner has harvested.  The issue that is being brought up by many members of the site is the beard or double beard.   Stoner has provided the best pictures possible of the base of the beard and the issue at hand is that many people are saying that the bird is not truly a double bearded bird and that the pictures of the base clearly show that the beard although a very nice paintbrush was split at one time because of an injury or whatever.  And quite honestly I have to agree with this assessment.  Not to take anything away from Stoner and his bird as it is clearly a very nice bird and anyone would be proud to have harvested such a trophy but we cannot count that second beard in all good conscious.  So I am going to adjust our score to indicate such.  I sure you all will understand why we can't count this second beard as I am sure that you all would not want to win a friendly contest with a controversy hanging over our heads.  I am aware that Shock Gobble and Awe has the same situation with a bird on their team to that appears to be the same situation with it and I am sure that they too will do the right thing and adjust their score appropriately to indicate such.

It looks like things have surpassed the threshold of absudrdity.  I have not been able to view the pictures of stoner's bird due to red x's in the respective threads it was posted in.  Consequently, I cannot speak for Stoner but I have no reasons to doubt his integrity.  It's difficult to forge the looks of a double bearded bird and if someone was willing to do so in order to cheat the contest, they ultimately would have to live with the fact that they deceived an entire forum to achieve a false sense of victory.  The bottomline is that if something looks likes a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it is a duck.  The same goes for multi-bearded turkeys. 

This contest is not for money, nor prizes; simply, quite simply it's about forum camaraderie and killing turkeys.  I have a much more clear picture of the second beard with a ruler in my email right now and anticipated posting it to suppress any potential pundits.  That being said, with regards to my bird, if the legitimacy of what is CLEARLY a triple bearded turkey is questioned, I'll just remove the entry.  I don't need bird, or anyone else on this forum to validate  the exceptionalism of such an animal and I am insulted that it is being questioned within bird's post.

bird

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 17, 2011, 04:00:49 PM
Quote from: bird on May 17, 2011, 11:49:46 AM
Guys I have to step in here and correct something that I see as completely wrong.  Much discussion has been made over the bird that Stoner has harvested.  The issue that is being brought up by many members of the site is the beard or double beard.   Stoner has provided the best pictures possible of the base of the beard and the issue at hand is that many people are saying that the bird is not truly a double bearded bird and that the pictures of the base clearly show that the beard although a very nice paintbrush was split at one time because of an injury or whatever.  And quite honestly I have to agree with this assessment.  Not to take anything away from Stoner and his bird as it is clearly a very nice bird and anyone would be proud to have harvested such a trophy but we cannot count that second beard in all good conscious.  So I am going to adjust our score to indicate such.  I sure you all will understand why we can't count this second beard as I am sure that you all would not want to win a friendly contest with a controversy hanging over our heads.  I am aware that Shock Gobble and Awe has the same situation with a bird on their team to that appears to be the same situation with it and I am sure that they too will do the right thing and adjust their score appropriately to indicate such.

It looks like things have surpassed the threshold of absudrdity.  I have not been able to view the pictures of stoner's bird due to red x's in the respective threads it was posted in.  Consequently, I cannot speak for Stoner but I have no reasons to doubt his integrity.  It's difficult to forge the looks of a double bearded bird and if someone was willing to do so in order to cheat the contest, they ultimately would have to live with the fact that they deceived an entire forum to achieve a false sense of victory.  The bottomline is that if something looks likes a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it is a duck.  The same goes for multi-bearded turkeys.  

This contest is not for money, nor prizes; simply, quite simply it's about forum camaraderie and killing turkeys.  I have a much more clear picture of the second beard with a ruler in my email right now and anticipated posting it to suppress any potential pundits.  That being said, with regards to my bird, if the legitimacy of what is CLEARLY a triple bearded turkey is questioned, I'll just remove the entry.  I don't need bird, or anyone else on this forum to validate  the exceptionalism of such an animal and I am insulted that it is being questioned within bird's post.

Who the hell is this guy and why are you even posting in the VooDoo Team thread as this does not concern you at all.  And for you information I wasn't even making any reference to your bird at all but now I will because you just drew attention to your bird as you don't have the proper pictures of the base of your triple bearded bird show where the beards meet the skin of the bird.  Now that makes 2 multi-bearded birds that Shock Gobble and Awe has in question and I am sure they will make good on their scores the same as we have.  Don't come over to our section and lecture us on what to do and what not do.  We are only doing the the "right" thing because of the issue taken by "others" from other teams.  

bird

bird

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 17, 2011, 04:24:45 PM
BIRD,

he is from SG&A...... I am guessing you already know though....

VaTuRkStOmPeR,

I was just going to reply to you that I didn't feel BIRD was referencing your bird..... but his reply to your triple bearded bird is correct per contest rules.

If I had to make a decision based on the pics, the turkey beard he may have been referencing was taken by your teammate LX_Trkyhunter 4/28/11 that scored 63.125..... again that is just my guess based on me looking at your teams kill pics posted.

You FOR SURE should not have been insulted since BIRD did not say anyones name in his post that you replied to saying you were insulted.

You are exactly correct my friend.  I did not say any names publicly because Shannon specifically did not want anyone to publicly mention anyone's names on any questionable scores/bird.  But this guy comes over here and "assumes" that I was talking about his bird and now he went and drew attention to the fact that his bird doesn't meet the picture requirements of the contest rules. 

Thanks to the people who want to nitpick and bitch about stupid little things especially when it came to the multi-bearded bird rules there will be no score given for multi-bearded or multi-spurred birds in next years contest.  Shannon and I have talked at length about this very issue and I don't blame him one bit about taking away the ability for anyone to score high on a multi-bearded bird in the future. 

Al

bird

You know what really irritates me is that we the VooDoo Hunters are going to do the right thing and not score the second beard of Stoner's even though I and the rest of the team know its going to piss him off because of people questioning his honesty.  And then we have some yahoo from another team come over here and give us crap for doing the right thing.  Now that is truly unbelievable.  Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. 

But still we as a team are going to not score the second beard so that no one can bitch about it.  And I hope and expect that other teams will do the same with their "questionable" birds/score.

Al

bird

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 17, 2011, 04:46:32 PM
That's about how I feel too BIRD...... shame about the multiple scores next year, but that should make things simpler and hopefully cut down on some of the nonsense.

He should of kept his mouth shut cuz I wasn't even talking about his bird at all.  Now he went and stepped in a pile of DOO and drew attention to himself. 

bird

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 17, 2011, 05:50:52 PM
No need to worry now, Stoner just posted some more pics showing a better view of the beards..... he is good to go!!

Nope... even with those additional photos there are some people that are complaining that it still is not a multi-bearded bird.  Sooooo we will still take the high road and not count the second beard unless Shannon decides to count it.

But I can tell you right now that I just went and looked at some of the other teams harvest threads and I can tell you right now that SG&A and the VooDoo Hunters probably did the best job out of everyone in taking the proper pictures and I can tell you for fact that Shannon is going to be looking at all the teams pictures very closely.  And there are some teams with some pictures out there that don't even come close to being within the guidelines of the contest rules. 

Al

bird

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 17, 2011, 07:10:41 PM
Well it's still all just for fun..... seems to be a great way to showcase all the beautiful turkeys taken across this great country...... When things are all said & done, we ARE all still people brought together by one single thing....... the wild turkey.

That's right my VooDoo Brother!!!