OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gift from mom and dad!!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 25, 2011, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I showed my dad some of the wonderful looking calls on this site this weekend when he was up turkey hunting.  He was very impressed with them and said they were neat.  I was planning on giving him a hint for Christmas that I would love to have one.  Well tonight him and mom called saying that they looked at some calls but did not want to order one because they did not know what I wanted.  So he said, pick one out and it is yours.  I asked why and he said, "you love to turkey hunt and we want to get you a call."  Now the hard part, picking out a call from one of the wonderful call makers on this site.  What pot call would you pick?

Also, my mom called and told me what my dad said about me.  He told her that I was the best hunter he has ever been in the woods with and that I have forgot more than some will learn.  I can not believe he would say this because we know a lot of good woodsmen.  It was an honor hearing that from him.  I am very blessed to have great parents that support my hobbies of hunting and fishing.

Trevor2

Congrats! Definately a hard decision, good luck with ur choice
Strutstopper

Hognutz

Congrats on the gift, and the love shown by your parents..Mike

May I suggest the ''Squealing Hen''. It's a dandy..  ;)
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

wisconsinteacher

I would get the squealing hen but there was only one left at the store the other day so I am guessing it is gone.

doepee

what kind of pot you looking for , slate, glass, alum.?

Bustabeak

Congrats on the call I'm sure it will be a good one for years to come just because it was from your parents no matter which one you pick!  And you can never get enough support for the things you love to do!

wisconsinteacher

I don't know what surface I want yet.  I have 4 makers that when I see their calls make me say, I want one of those.  I don't know if I should post their names or not.  From what I have read, all of them are great guys and make great sounding calls.  This is going to be very hard. 

PureGold

Warbird Makes great calls! I have a few and love each one of them. I also like my david halloran  crystal mistress.  Good Luck!

mossy835

Write the four names down on a separate card put them face down do a good shuffle and pick one. I used Pappy and I am sure there are many here that can do the job for you. You will be pleased and I a sure any of the four would work with you if you did not like the call.

TRKYHTR

Glad to see your parents supporting you like that. Good luck with your choice. There are alot of great call makers here. I own a few from some of the call makers on here and they all sound great.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

Quote from: Hognutz on April 25, 2011, 09:50:57 PM
Congrats on the gift, and the love shown by your parents..Mike

May I suggest the ''Squealing Hen''. It's a dandy..  ;)
Im sure hes very thankful for you help Hognutz  :happy0064:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

Don't they want to adopt another big kid? Congrats on a great gift and support from them.

bowhunter84

my family is very supportive of my hunting and fishing just like yours. it means a lot to me as i'm sure it does you. my dad was one of the best woodsman i know of. i have gotten several hunting items as gifts over the years from my mom and dad and every one of them are very special to me.

good luck on your choice!

Hootowl

Not to burst you Bubble But I have never heard a Hen squeal when being bread?

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!