OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gift from mom and dad!!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 25, 2011, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Okay, I need to ask you a favor.  Name the top 5 calls you have or would like to have.  I need to make a list and do some shopping.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Hootowl on April 26, 2011, 10:49:46 AM
Not to burst you Bubble But I have never heard a Hen squeal when being bread?

I have never seen or heard a hen being bread... is that like charades?  Oh, you meant "bred"...  just funnin' ya.   ;D

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

bird

You know I really hate seeing threads where someone ask for who makes the best this and the best that.  It always creates some type of drama or heart burns between members.  And if a call maker jumps in there and pimps himself or a pro-staffer pimps the guy he represents is way beyond tacky.  All it does is turn into a popularity contest.

bird

wisconsinteacher

Good point Bird.  I guess I should ask that if you have a call to recommend, send me a message.  I do not want hard feelings on this site. 

bird

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on April 26, 2011, 12:02:24 PM
Good point Bird.  I guess I should ask that if you have a call to recommend, send me a message.  I do not want hard feelings on this site. 

:z-winnersmiley: :icon_thumright:

mnturkey

sounds like your parents are great people and also the raised a good son.
I have a couple calls from people on this site and they are all good.
It would be a hard choice.
Best of luck with that choice.
Just a thought maybe pick 3 or 4 calls and let mom or dad make the final choice.
SEMPER FI

TauntoHawk

Lights out aluminum

David halloran slate

are the 2 I really want right now
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TANK

I would go with Pappy. He does a great job, and his calls are very reasonable in price. I personally have 5 of his calls. If you are wanting a pot call I highly recomend a wild cherry dual purpose slate over glass with a osage striker........You can't go wrong with this recipe, lol.

M,Yingling

Sounds like you got great parents ,, lot fine call makers here on this site  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

BOFF

Why not take 3-5 call maker's YOU like, and write down the name and the type of call, and let your parents pick it out of those choices. That way it will still be a surprise, but in your wishes. I honestly don't think your gonna get a bad call from anyone that's been on this site for any length of time. 

God Bless,
David B.

bird

Quote from: BOFF on April 26, 2011, 06:59:03 PM
Why not take 3-5 call maker's YOU like, and write down the name and the type of call, and let your parents pick it out of those choices. That way it will still be a surprise, but in your wishes. I honestly don't think your gonna get a bad call from anyone that's been on this site for any length of time. 

God Bless,
David B.

That is a very good suggestion!  :icon_thumright:

runngun

Congrats, good things happen to good folks. Simply payback. I recall your post about helps the kid wanting to get some calls and you helped him get them!!!!! No good deed goes unnoticed.

Good luck and God Bless
     Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

barry

Quote from: runngun on April 26, 2011, 11:49:08 PM
Congrats, good things happen to good folks. Simply payback. I recall your post about helps the kid wanting to get some calls and you helped him get them!!!!! No good deed goes unnoticed.

Good luck and God Bless
     Ray

Good Karma!
Now the hard job is picking out a callmaker from whom you want a call...'cause it's a bunch of guys on here that make some sweet turkey callin' instruments!!!

wisconsinteacher

Well I talked to my mom tonight and asked her if she was cool about this idea and she said yes.  I thought it was something my dad came up with and did not talk to her about it.  I then told her I would send some pictures and they could pick one out of the one I like.  She said no, you pick out the one you want.  I am getting a little closer to picking out the call maker.