OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2019 Spring plans

Started by LaLongbeard, December 09, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdump

The plan is:

TX  (paying for self-guided hunt on ranch)

VA (hunting friends place)

MD (hunting out back of our house)

RI (paying for guided hunt - fingers crossed the guy can get me onto the farm he has in mind).  This state has been a huge challenge to get onto.

MA (hunting public land)

NH ("guiding" (I am still pretty much a beginner) a friend on land we have secured permission for)

CO ("guiding" (I am still pretty much a beginner) a friend on public land-no idea what I am doing out west!  Should be fun!)

In that order.

The goal is to do all the states.   

Dejake, i need to cross DE off the list but am having zero success finding a private land place to go.  I see you are going to hit DE this spring.  Any suggestions? 

PEte_A

Gonna be staying close to home and hunting in Ontario, Canada this year. Maybe sneak down to NY or PA if I can figure it out

Will

South Carolina (outfitter)
Maryland (leases)
Pennsylvania (public land)
In that order

Gobble!

Probably just Maryland for me but plenty of tags between my buddies and I and now my soon to be 6 year old. Maybe PA if I have some money to burn.

Gentry

Florida for sure got drawn for a WMA. Then home state of Louisiana and some Mississippi mixed in due to living close. Figure I'll ease over to Texas as well being I already have a license from deer season.  Looking at Wisconsin as well, work with a guy that lives there, but missed the drawing so not sure about that. Kicking around Illinois if I head north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derek

Should be a fun spring and I'm already way too excited for it... it isn't healthy.  Starting March 5th in South Florida.    Road trip west, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Kansas seem to be the big contenders right now.  Return home for MD, DE (if I can draw a public permit) and NJ.. Then head north for NH/Maine/Vermont? 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Sir-diealot

Quote from: derek on December 19, 2018, 10:15:04 AM
Should be a fun spring and I'm already way too excited for it... it isn't healthy.  Starting March 5th in South Florida.    Road trip west, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Kansas seem to be the big contenders right now.  Return home for MD, DE (if I can draw a public permit) and NJ.. Then head north for NH/Maine/Vermont?
Where will you be going in OK? Going there in 2020 or 2021 to visit family and turkey hunt.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

derek

Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 19, 2018, 07:02:09 PM
Where will you be going in OK? Going there in 2020 or 2021 to visit family and turkey hunt.
Haven't narrowed it down exactly yet but somewhere public northwestish but not quite to the panhandle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Sir-diealot

Quote from: derek on December 19, 2018, 10:58:36 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 19, 2018, 07:02:09 PM
Haven't narrowed it down exactly yet but somewhere public northwestish but not quite to the panhandle.

Okay, further North than where I will be, I will be in Grady or Kinfisher County's
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

daddyduke

Home state of Indiana and maybe Kentucky.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Crghss

SD & FL, maybe PA.

First time for SD.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

fallhnt

Public land in NE and KS for early archery season with my Hoyt Carbon Element. Then a late season public land hunt with my made over 11-87 at home in IL on my favorite Fall turkey grounds.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

gobblehead

Alabama (tentative), then Kentucky youth then back for reg season, Maryland, Pennsylavania, Kansas, New York and trying to squeeze in Florida at the beginning.....God I hope the wife don't read this!!

LI Outdoorsman

Adding a new state this spring I won a guided hunt on FB for a charity event and will be taking the wife to Massachusetts for a couple days in May.
First I'll start with an Osceola hunt with friends in March, then a 5 day hunt with my buddy in New Mexico which has become an annual event then hunt as much as I can in my home state of NY out of my camp in Tioga Co.

TauntoHawk

It's looking like a light spring for me just PA and public land MD

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>