OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The mouse in the weeds (the fate of egg eaters)

Started by I hate turkeys, April 25, 2011, 05:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hate turkeys

Saturday, I bumped a hen out of a field she ran into the weeds about five minutes later a coyote walks into the field.  He moved into the weeds I'm thinking looking for the nest . She came back out about fifthteen minutes later Well about ten minters after that he's moving in the weeds then he hears a mouse in the weeds (an easy meal) turns out the mouse was packing a 10 ga. shot him at fifteen yards (I was in a ghilie suit).
Truth is I would have shot him even if there had been a tom in the field.
The fate of egg eaters.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

OLE RASPY

:you_rock: :you_rock:good job on the turk eaters, gotta a pic of it.

Hognutz

Way to go. I hate those mangy critters worse than you hate turkeys..I think..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

doepee

Thats great, I got lots of raccoons on the property that I hunt that need thinned down , It doesn't get coon hunted because of bow season for deer.. wouldn't be fair to the rest of the guys

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

Ol'Mossy

cannonball

coyotetrpr

Quote from: doepee on April 25, 2011, 07:51:03 PM
Thats great, I got lots of raccoons on the property that I hunt that need thinned down , It doesn't get coon hunted because of bow season for deer.. wouldn't be fair to the rest of the guys
Let some guys in there to trap.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

WyoHunter

Congrats on the kill! I bet he was tore up pretty good from that big 10!  :happy0064:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey slayer

I nominate you hunter of the week! Nice job.

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

boomer

Two years ago I had a tom gobbling its head off heading to me. He was about a hundred yards out then I caught movement to my left. It was a yote about 25yds away crawling in for an ambush on him. Needless to say the yote never knew what hit him.

Remington924

i was always told by a wise man killing a coyote is like killing 3 deer. now this was back before NH had turkeys...now how many poults would that yote be worth?
good job man i woulda shot him over a tom anyday as well