turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who’s ready for spring turkey?

Started by Bowguy, October 27, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Idk guys maybe it's my age, the fact I've been sick and in climate controlled areas so much but my tolerance for the cold has diminished. Got a couple deer in the freezer and I took em w a longbow so that was cool, I've used recurves but never a longbow. I'd like one or two more but sitting in a cold tree is tougher than it was. NY fall turkey is about to open but the ground or tree are similar. I'm not giving up believe me but the first few warm spring days and the gobbling that come w it sound great right now!!

jryser

I'm in ur same boat. Got deer in the freezer - shot a B&C last year and I doubt I'll shoot another like that in two more lifetimes. I'm happy for the cold months - months I used to dive right into - to be behind me and smell and feel the spring wake up and hear those lusty gobbles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Dr Juice

Fl strutter

So ready. I won a hunt in Kentucky in a raffle. Never left Florida or south georgia so I'm super excited.

guesswho

I'm good for now.   It will be here before I know it.   But if it opened tomorrow all I d have to do is find my boots.   Usually at this time of year I'd have to find a lot more than just my boots.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off week after next for a rut bowhunt on my property.  I just LOVES me a rut bowhunt for mature whitetails !!!!

If someone told me spring would come next week if I forfeited my vacation week of bowhunting................. INSTANT DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Happy

Always ready but I do like my seasons. While turkey hunting is my true love I do enjoy bowhunting and just the process of putting deer in the freezer. After processing 6-7 deer in a year I am done messing with them. Gonna start bowhunting seriously this coming week. Have only mad it out for 2 short hunts so far.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

davisd9

Wish I could flip a switch and it be the night of March 19.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

quavers59

Looking forward to the Spring as always! Fall first though. I am not doing well on the pressured Public Lands. Been out 8 times so far in New York. Nada.  New Jersey just opened and I hope to get out a few times during that 1 week Fall Turkey Season.

Kylongspur88

Looking forward to it. I already have a vacation planned for the last week of the spring season. Fall gun came in  here yesterday but I haven't had any luck yet. Based on what I've seen this fall I'm afraid we may have low numbers again in the spring.

quavers59

What State are you from Kylongspur88? Here in New York- this past Summer into Fall, I have seen plenty of Flocks. The Flocks are super Spooky however before, I even got out for the Oct 20th opener as all the rest of the Seasons including Bow Deer opened on Oct 1st.  I had so much more Fall Turkey success when that Season also started on Oct 1st. It changed in 2015 to 3 weeks Later and 4 weeks knocked off the season. I have 1 more week in NY and NJ .

fallhnt

Fall turkey for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Kylongspur88

Quote from: quavers59 on October 28, 2018, 02:55:47 PM
What State are you from Kylongspur88? Here in New York- this past Summer into Fall, I have seen plenty of Flocks. The Flocks are super Spooky however before, I even got out for the Oct 20th opener as all the rest of the Seasons including Bow Deer opened on Oct 1st.  I had so much more Fall Turkey success when that Season also started on Oct 1st. It changed in 2015 to 3 weeks Later and 4 weeks knocked off the season. I have 1 more week in NY and NJ .

From Kentucky. Bird numbers are way down from prior years due to bad hatches and a booming coon population. A lot of folks are hoping for a distemper outbreak to take care of the coons. We also need some warm dry spings. Two years ago it was nothing to get up with fall flocks of 30 plus birds. This fall has beem a different story.

Muzzy61

Me.
I'm always fired up for Deer season, and after a couple of weeks i'm already thinking and ready for Spring Gobbler.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr