OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spaulted Pecan box

Started by Chris O, October 19, 2018, 10:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Anyone have a box call made out of it? How does it look and sound? Would love to see a picture thanks for any input

Sir-diealot

There is one on the Preacherman website, very pretty.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Turkz39

this is a pecan and ebony Watkins,  has some light spalt on the ends and a line in the box,  it's not real dark splat like some other I have seen, but it's there. 

Chris O

Thanks turks39 I appreciate your picture. I can see it a little in the picture( nice call). The one picture that I have seen that I really liked the looks of was a pot call on Lon Trice's website. It was a really dark defined piece of wood unless it was the picture that made it look that way. I am on a list for a call and asked them to build a call out of a certain wood and they have never built one before so they were going to research the wood before building it. I am just trying to find a replacement If I need to. I have a pecan box now and like the sound of it I was just wanting a little bit darker wood than what my pecan box is. Your call is darker than mine.Thanks for your help I appreciate it

Turkz39

vt35mag

Mines similar to turkz39

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Chris O

Very nice call and thanks for sharing it. It is a touch darker than the pecan I have also unless pecan darkens with some age? Thanks for the help