OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Girlfriend hooked me up

Started by Sir-diealot, October 08, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Love my girlfriend, had mentioned to her a few weeks ago that I was interested in this and that it was on sale for 58 and change. Today to my surprise it came via UPS I definitely like it but have to figure out all those pockets as it is my first turkey vest. Only thing I do not like it the pot call pockets do not have covers on them. It is my CHRISTmas/birthday present. Oh it is now 60.84 so it went up a little bit. Edit: By the way does anybody that has one happen to know what hydration Bladder it takes or will any old one due?

https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Hale-KHT0068-300-Mossy-Obsession/dp/B079L7PYZH/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1539049255&sr=1-1&keywords=Knight+%26+Hale+Run+N%27+Gun+300&dpID=51TdvpJSTpL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Congrats on your new vest ... i'm not crazy with the shell loops also on the outside of the vest .. just wondering over time how those loops will hold up... still it's a good looking vest and should be a lot cooler ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on October 09, 2018, 12:07:10 PM
Congrats on your new vest ... i'm not crazy with the shell loops also on the outside of the vest .. just wondering over time how those loops will hold up... still it's a good looking vest and should be a lot cooler ....
They do look odd to me, never used anything with them on them before. I have always used a backpack but after being able to sit on the ground last season for longer than I have been able to in the past I wanted to try ground hunting again next year. I am going to add the Knight & Hale Turkey Burger Call Pouch I have to it and maybe the Knight & Hale Long Pot holder as I am not found of the open pockets for the pot calls on the vest. None the less it was a welcome surprise. I will still hunt from a ground blind as well but this opens new area's up for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Muzzy61

Congrats, sounds like a keeper  ( vest and girlfriend  ;D)
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ShootingABN!

Awesome. I hope it works great for you. I'm on my second vest. It's probably twenty years old. ;)

RutnNStrutn

Nothing like having a lady that supports your hunting habit!!  :icon_thumright:

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on October 10, 2018, 12:05:18 PM
Congrats, sounds like a keeper  ( vest and girlfriend  ;D)
Thanks Muzzy, I agree, they are both keepers. Besides that she is a more varied cook than I am. :D

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ShootingABN! on October 10, 2018, 12:18:27 PM
Awesome. I hope it works great for you. I'm on my second vest. It's probably twenty years old. ;)
Thanks. Sounds like it was well made.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on October 10, 2018, 02:30:09 PM
Nothing like having a lady that supports your hunting habit!!  :icon_thumright:
That is very true. One interesting thing, she does not like hunting per se, not against it, she just does not like the thought of an animal getting hurt but she still has no problems with supporting me and also eating whatever I might get. (for the most part)

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

land cruiser

That's a great deal on an awesome vest. I paid nearly double for mine. Congrats!

Not using the bladder, got a water bottle attachment with Molle straps and it is works awesome

Sir-diealot

Quote from: land cruiser on October 11, 2018, 01:26:51 PM
That's a great deal on an awesome vest. I paid nearly double for mine. Congrats!

Not using the bladder, got a water bottle attachment with Molle straps and it is works awesome
Thank you. How do the pot calls stay in the pouches for provided for them? I am a but worried about that.

John Koenig:

land cruiser

They are snug, the only concern I would have if it was raining.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: land cruiser on October 11, 2018, 05:31:55 PM
They are snug, the only concern I would have if it was raining.
Thanks.

John Koenig: