turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hurricane

Started by GobbleNut, September 14, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Terrible flooding in NC and parts of SC. Prayers for all that were affected. :bible: :jesus-cross:
I'm thankful my hunt camp in the Lowcountry of SC wasn't affected. :icon_thumright:

eggshell

from what I know, recovery is going well but slow. FEMA and other disaster services were onsite fast and are working hard at helping. The biggest obstacle is continued flooding of rivers. My brother and his family have gotten supplies and FEMA has assessed his son's house along with insurance and they are working on repairs. One of the problems is so many roads are getting flooded it's hard to move aide. We have not gone down as he said it is too hard to get to him because of flooding. So we done the next best thing and sent money. One friend did get a truck load of food and gas through right after the hurricane passed, but then the roads flooded and closed off access. It's a tough situation for sure.

bbcoach

Many areas that had flooding are drying out.  Neighbors are helping neighbors with many homes drying out, drywall being cut out and removed along with insulation.  Many churches and out of state help coming in.  Electric companies are here from as far away as Indiana, I'm told and have been GREAT getting power back on.  Supplies, food and water are flooding in, pardon the pun.  It has really been a national effort.  Thanks to ALL for Prayers.  This won't go away over night but we will recover.