turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hurricane

Started by GobbleNut, September 14, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

I suspect many of our brothers and sisters here on OG are going to be impacted by this storm.  Stay safe all,...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

kyturkeyhunter4

Prayers for ever one in North and South Carolina areas be safe.

Tail Feathers

Looks like the flooding will be real big on this one.  Be safe folks!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Greg Massey

Yes , special prayers ...

daddyduke

Praying for Divine intervention!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

davisd9

Bit windy here in the upstate.  She is not supposed to really be in my part of the state until tonight.  The good Lord will look after us, this is not our first and I am sure it will not be our last.  Appreciate the prayers, NC looks like they will take the worst of the beating.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

deer655

From Charlotte NC- thanks a lot for your prayers. I was fishing out of New Bern last weekend. The house I was staying in was at least 8 feet off of the ground. Yesterday afternoon the water was 2 feet from coming in the house.It is down to 2 feet deep now and still going out. Best news tho is that all my friends there are safe.

Cut N Run

I gathered supplies and prepared for Florence, but I'm still not ready for it.  My town won't get hit this time, as the worst of the storm will pass south of here. I feel for the communities hit by this disaster. The rivers can't hold 15-20 inches of rain, along with all that water coming from upstream. They're saying it is supposed to be 500 to 1,000 year floods. Too many people's lives have been negatively affected from this storm and recovery will take a while.  It is a tough thing seeing places you know get hammered.  Help if you can.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Prayers for all involved. I heard it was going to hit PA at one point in time, Thursday I think but I have heard anything on direction since then.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RS

Our area (Pitt County NC) faired pretty well. At my house we've had about 7 inches of rain since Thursday. Winds didn't get over the 50 mph range and we didn't lose power. However the SE part of NC has and still getting slammed. I've seen reports of recorded rainfalls of up to 30 inches. Rivers are expected to crest next week at record levels.

NCbowjunkie

Southwestern NC here  half way between Charlotte and Asheville. Beginning to see some of the outer band coming in. My fear is trees and power lines down over the next few days. The closest river is about a mile away  the Broad River   The water will have to rise greatly toget to the top of the hill I live on. The lower roads may flood some. Got the generator ready to go if needed got to keep the game meat in freezer good   Cleaned the gutters and all grand kids toys are safely put away. Survived the blizzard of 93  so I think we're good to go.

allaboutshooting

Rain & wind to start tonight here. Hopefully will end tomorrow afternoon. Fortunate so far. Prayers for all those suffering.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

NCL

Good thought to all that are suffering from the effects of this storm.

eggshell

My brother is in Jacksonville, NC area. He had roof damage on  his home and some flooding of basement, but they are well physically. His step son suffered heavy damage to his home. He lost his roof and lots of water damage. Many trees down and water rising around homes. Within 1/2 mile of his home there are house half submerged. He is 3-5 miles off ocean front and doesn't know how bad it was on the coastal islands and water front, but it was most likely catastrophic. We are ready to load up and take him supplies and help clean up if he calls, but it will be late this week before we can get into him if we go. Most roads are closed. They need all our prayers and help we can offer.

bbcoach

It was the worst hurricane we've experienced here in Eastern NC since I moved here in 1975.  Flooding was tremendous (over 20 inches of rain in many places), lots of down trees, trees in houses, plenty of debris and electricity is still out in many parts.  We have come together and it's neighbor helping neighbor.  We would like to thank each of you for your prayers and thank God for his Grace and Mercy.  People were prepared for this Girl as many left the area, emergency services did have a few hundred water rescues but many lives were spared by heeding the warnings.  We will REBOUND.