turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long Boxes

Started by AT, August 31, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

When storing long boxes after season. Is there a certain way to set the lid? Being new to long boxes don't want to warp the paddle if that's possible.

Pooh4459

I know Lonnie Mabry says to lay his on their sides. Has anyone else heard of this?

vaplowboy

I have paddle calls from Lamar Williams, Steve Mann, Darrin Dawkins and Dan Harris. They never recommended any particular way to store them so I set them on their bottom with lid closed.

Greg Massey

Quote from: vaplowboy on August 31, 2018, 04:50:29 PM
I have paddle calls from Lamar Williams, Steve Mann, Darrin Dawkins and Dan Harris. They never recommended any particular way to store them so I set them on their bottom with lid closed.
X2

greencop01

Quote from: vaplowboy on August 31, 2018, 04:50:29 PM
X3
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Sir-diealot

I had asked similar question here and I was told to wipe the chalk off but other than that nothing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 31, 2018, 07:40:25 PM
I had asked similar question here and I was told to wipe the chalk off but other than that nothing.

:agreed:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

1iagobblergetter

I'm not saying it's not a good idea,but I keep mine (Lamars,Manns,Baseshores,Buices,Watkins, etc.)away from moisture and have a bunch that are more than a decade old and never have had a problem. I guess if you have plenty of time on your hands wipe away,but I have better things to do.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 31, 2018, 10:14:45 PM
I'm not saying it's not a good idea,but I keep mine (Lamars,Manns,Baseshores,Buices,Watkins, etc.)away from moisture and have a bunch that are more than a decade old and never have had a problem. I guess if you have plenty of time on your hands wipe away,but I have better things to do.
Well it is not like I am giving them a bath, who has time for that? Shampooing their pits alone takes hours.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 31, 2018, 10:31:48 PM
Well it is not like I am giving them a bath, who has time for that? Shampooing their pits alone takes hours.
Good Hygiene verses wasting time.?? I guess i dont get it?? I work 6 to 7 days a week and have more than a couple box calls so I'm not wasting my time. Hygiene though? Whole different story..  :funnyturkey:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 31, 2018, 10:43:37 PM
Good Hygiene verses wasting time.?? I guess i dont get it?? I work 6 to 7 days a week and have more than a couple box calls so I'm not wasting my time. Hygiene though? Whole different story..  :funnyturkey:
Takes less time than you last two posts. lol Your calls, do with them as you wish.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 31, 2018, 11:55:20 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 31, 2018, 10:43:37 PM
Takes less time than you last two posts. lol Your calls, do with them as you wish.
I guess it's time for a shower ...

callmakerman

I leave them where I can find them as I play calls all the time. Never did any thing more than put them up on a shelf. If I waisted time wiping chalk off long boxes would I need to do it for shorts and scratch boxes?

CMBOSTC

Quote from: callmakerman on September 01, 2018, 08:24:48 AM
I leave them where I can find them as I play calls all the time. Never did any thing more than put them up on a shelf. If I waisted time wiping chalk off long boxes would I need to do it for shorts and scratch boxes?

x2

Greg Massey

If i started wiping the chalk off my boxes it would probably take more than one day... lol... i guess you could say i just like collecting calls .... collecting is very addictive... same with pot calls and strikers ....  :OGturkeyhead: