turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

25 lbs. in Lowndes Co., Al , it seems like it was around 7:00-7:30 around an hour and a half or more after daybreak. He had been nicknamed Boxcar Barney because of his size when viewed strutting in the open.

DSSFROMBAMA

bgbuck153

Eastern archery kill bird - 10 3/4" beard , 1 9/16 spurs and 26.5 lbs.  I won the Gander Mountain turkey pole with this bird !

hitnmissngrin

Shot a 23 pound-er on the 29th of May in Nebraska in 2010 and 2011.  Last year, this Tom was in my 12 gauge sight 20 yards away in mid-May.  All of a sudden, the two toms with him stepped on and spooked an unsuspecting baby fawn that was hiding in the grass. It was frustrating because it took two hours of calling to get them there.  Luck changed.   The next time he came in with a jake at 6pm at night. The hen that drew them in wouldn't pay any attention to the jake, so he walked away and then the Tom came in full strut. Initially, the hen obstructed my shot but he dropped like a sack of potatoes from 56 yards with one Federal Mag Shok #4.  I don't who was more surprised, the Tom or me when i stepped off the distance a second time.  By far, the longest shot I've ever made and the biggest Eastern harvested with a 7" beard and 1'' spurs. 

h2obil

25.1 and 25.4   Both  harvested in 2002 on public hunting in Ky.,  both early season  before they dropped  their weight.    They weighed them for you on their scale when you checked out .

Mapleridge

24 lbs here in NY.  Only had a 8  1/2" beard though.  He toted 1 1/4" spurs though! ;D

NWBama

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

MCase

SouthernThunder

I have only shot Osceolas....and they are much smaller than yall's easterns haha

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

jakebird

23 lbs and a few ounces. Thats actually surprising to me, because where i hunt, most two year olds are running 19 to 21 already. I know a few local guys that have taken a couple in the 24-25 range, though.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

jakebird

Oh btw, around 8:30 am on the season opener. Textbook hunt.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

WildSpur

My first bird!  I was a senior in high school.  My buddy called in 3 hens and a strutting long beard accross a field.  The bird was a pig of a 2 year old.  22# without the guts, 10" beard, 3/4" spurs.  Pa bird.  Have not shot one as heavy since!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less