OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winchester

I live for the Rut and Strut!

mossybird

Remturkey

reflexl

Here is king kong. 28lbs 4 oz. He wlked by a fence post right before I shot him and was only about 3" shorter than the post. I freaked out. We saw him the year before and figured he would go 25-26. He dwarfed the rest of the birds. Pay close attention to the pic and you can tell how massive his body is. reflex264

PS- yes he was wet when I shot him but dried out when we weighed him

gobbler777

My first West Virginia spring gobbler was 23 1/2 lbs. I introduced him to my load of lead after fly down. 1964.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Trey

over 25lbs...the scale we use for turkeys bottoms out at 25 and my largest Alabama gobbler bottomed it out. 

jblackburn

Mine is a bird from Callaway County Mo. Just over 25 lbs, with a 12 1/2 beard and 1 1/4 spurs.  I killed him at 12:45 pm (hunt until 1:00 in MO) on a friend's farm in 2009.  My second heaviest was just under 25 lbs from Linn County, MO in 2010.  Here is a picture of my 2009 bird.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MisterEd55

20 lbs in Chenango County, NY 10/9/11 at 11:15 am.  10 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. Also, my first turkey.
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

handcannon

J-Shaped

Bamarich

23 pounds... last day of an Alabama season a few years ago.

MY

reflexl

Here you go. This was taken when we weighed that bird. We found out later that this scale was nearly 2oz light. I am still caling him 28-4.

TANK