OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaba

21.5 lbs. in Alabama. Most of these birds here are lean and mean.

Tom Black

Twentyfour pounder, 9 3/4" beard, short spurrs at only 3/4"  Killed in2009.
Tom Black
Cantuckee

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

muddy

I've shot 2 over 29 pounds, one back in 2002 I think and one this spring.  Both with a bow.  One was at noon the other a few minutes after fly down.

gobble157

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

davisd9

20 lbs., 1 in spurs and 11.5" beard.  Best weight and beard bird to date.  April 3, 2010.  Flew off the limb to 15 yards from my gun barrel. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BigHooks

28.3    11 3/4 in. beard an 1 3/4 spurs Smith co. Tenn. about 10 am

WildTigerTrout

23 pounds even. Third day of the Spring season ,10 am. Clinton County Pa. 2004. He was a smart one.  I worked him for nearly two hours. Fooled him by scratching in the leaves!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

El Pavo Grande

24 lb. in MO about 5 years ago at 10 am.   He was an old turkey with two beards and 1 1/4 spurs.  No way of knowing sure if it was the same turkey, but I missed a gobbler the year before at that exact spot that had taken a lot of patience and a little coaxing to call in.  Regardless, I like at least telling myself that I had exactedy revenge.

The smallest adult gobbler I have killed was a 13.5 lb. gobbler here in Arkansas about 12 or 13 years ago.   He had a long, paintbrush beard and good spurs, but it was late season and he was poor from too much breeding and not enough eating.  I had hunted him a couple times the week before and ended up connecting one evening about 5:30 pm.  Earlier that week a friend and I had him at 10 steps, but he came in at a bad angle and the other side of a brush top.

timberjack86

21 pounds on middle tn wma. Killed him at 11 a.m

st8tman

25 lbs, 12oz. this past Spring in Bedford County Virginia.

mnbeardbuster

28lb 3oz  Southeast Kansas 2009