turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ky strutt n bust n

25 lbs. western ky, located in crittenden county. shot the bird at 1:05 in the afternoon. had 9 1/2" beard and sharp 1" spurs. day ill defianely never forget spending it with my dad on a memorable youth hunt a few years back.

savduck

GA........20.5  Mid morning 9 AM

SC. 22.5...........morning, right off the roost. 7:30ish
Georgia Boy

stinkpickle

I've had a couple around the 26lbs mark....both from Missouri.  I can't remember the specifics, but one of them got himself dead about two minutes after flydown.

bird

csgrizz

I have 39 turkeys recorded in my journal, all weighed with a digital scale with the exception of the first couple.  Heaviest ever was 24 lbs 2 oz on two different birds, one from MO that was a 2 year old and one from IL that was at least a 3 year old with 1 5/8" spurs. Every single bird was heavier until it was put to the scale.

I host a braggin rights contest for friends and make everyone guess before they weigh, almost every single one gets guessed a couple pounds higher than they actually are....especially if they get carried for any period of time.   :toothy12:

PANYHunter

26# PA  fall bird around 8:30.  10.75 beard and 1.5 spurs.  That one made me late for work   :z-guntootsmiley:

Scout24

23 1/4 from Ct, weight and beard length don't do much for me but big spurs take my breath away!

ElkTurkMan

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: PANYHunter on April 26, 2011, 01:42:04 PM
26# PA  fall bird around 8:30.  10.75 beard and 1.5 spurs.  That one made me late for work   :z-guntootsmiley:

NOOOOO!  WORK made you late for HUNTING!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

dixiedeerslaya

i couldnt imagine a 25+lb turkey.  most of the turkeys killed around here in south carolina average 16-18lbs with the occasional 20-22 pounder mixed in.  ive killed 20 something turkeys and my biggest came this year at  21.6lbs.... ive only killed two or three over 20.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Lon0121

with the exception of a few monster gobblers,
turkeys are like coyote when judging weight!  they feel like a 30 pound turkey or 40 pound coyote but when put on a digital or true scale it is sometimes half of what your guess was.  thats my opinion!  now i know guys whom have killed 50 pound coyotes and 30 pound gobblers,  but i personaly have not.

great stories guys, there sure are some biggins in ky!~
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Muskie03

25 1/2 Wed. morning. I've killed two this year over 25lbs and 1 just over 20lbs--I have only hunted 4 mornings total with over a month to go. Feeling pretty good about this year!
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

hobbes

I dont' remember anything over 23 and change.  That would be from an Eastern in Southern IL.

RS

23 lbs. 5 oz. in SW piedmont of NC during the last week of the 2005 season at 6:50 am.  Hardest gobbling eastern I have ever heard.