OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

open door

The one I had to tote a half-mile to the truck was the heaviest I ever killed, lol.

Ross R

Father in law killed one in NJ on some farmland that was 26. I got one two weeks later there that was 23.5. 

Bigmiah22

spctbone

The first bird I ever took was a 25.75 lb. with a 11 3/4" beard and 1 1/4" spurs! Still my best to date!

I LOVE MY AUTISTIC SON AND DAUGHTER!!

booth

24 pound GA bird.   This property consistently produced heavy birds.  Many 20 + lbs. It was more rare to shoot one under 20 than over.

matchbook454

Last year I shot a 23 pound bird here in IL and the year before I shot a 24 pound bird in WI.  I'm hoping to break 25 pounds one of these days!

Ky strutt n bust n

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 24, 2011, 10:15:18 PM
I've killed 2 at 25lbs in Ky. One was an a.m public land bird and the other last spring at about 4:30p.m in a hay field.
On that same property a kid killed a 25lbs bird during youth hunt, his first. A buddy killed a 27lbs gobbler 2 years ago and the owner killed a 29lbs gobbler one morning. That 29 pounder looked like a dang ostrich stretched out in the truck. Oh.. and my buddy called me two days ago and said he killed a 27 pounder on his place with his old full choke 20ga and #4's. We've got some fatty's in Kentucky.
x2 on the kentuck fatty birds ;)  my biggiest was 25.5 lbs and average between 21-24 pounds on all the birds ive harvested here. the biggest long- bearded/spurred turk ive killed was the smallest weight (21lbs) killed on public land for me. all my private land birds ive killed have been mostly 23-24 lbs

chipper

Tn: 25 lbs. And 24 lbs 6oz.  I killed 1 in Ky. That was 2 lbs. 8 oz.

pullit

I had one tip the scales at just over 25lbs. Don't remember if it was 2 or 3 oz.

heathwesley

Here in Illinois most of the mature birds I kill are in the 22-26 pound range.  Must be all the corn and beans they have access to. 
Heath

ghillie

27lb 9oz...last year in my home state of Iowa

Reloader

25lbs, AR
24.5lbs, TX

My heaviest here at home was 21.5lbs.

935deadbird

"Another One Bites The Dust"

Beard Buster

23.5 lbs. my first year hunting.  He had a twin brother with him, almost identical.  This was in south central Wisconsin pretty close to the Illinois border.

gtrjames

24 lbs 1st solo hunt in 01.....killed 20 something more but rest between 18 and 22 lbs..all Tennessee