OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what is the heaviest eastern you ever harvested!~

Started by Lon0121, April 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayslim

Frankinthelaurels

TWO springs ago on the first day... 23lbs, 10 inches and 1 1/2...got one last season that was almost as big but had one of those racing stripe beards..

reflexl

This thread has me wondering if TN isn't producing the biggest easterns. In adition to my 28-4 monster that same year I killed a 25-3 bird. Last year I killed a 23-9. I heard about another 28+lbs Lincoln Co bird a few days ago. In 1986 there was a bird that broke the 30lbs mark killed here by a young boy. Makes me wonder. I learned a lesson with the 28-4 bird. If I ever am fortunate enough again to bust the head on another monster I will run to the nearest grocery store and officialy weigh it. That bird would be #1 in Lincoln Co and #4 in the state. The lessons we learn........reflexl

talltines

27 lbs killed in central KY at approximatly 10 am.   
Wouldnt come to the call, so waited by a water hole untill he ventured my way.

Ty

Missouri 27 lbs. 11 1/2 inch beard 1 3/4 spurs

INDY

HOOKS1

My heaviest bird weighed 24 pds. 14 ozs. taken around 10 am. in SE Ohio in 1993.

Gooserbat

Just shy of 24 taken in Adair Co. Ok back in 02.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jbux44

My first bird was my biggest at 25lbs in 93 in mo.

turkey harvester

This bird weghed 25 lbs. I killed one 2 years ago that weighed 27 1/2 same spot.  Other bird weighed 23 all birds killed in Mo.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

coyotetrpr

27.5 lbs, 12.5inch beard, 1.5inch spurs. Shot him 1 minuite after legal shooting hours started.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Jake#5

20lbs, killed him yesterday mornin around 8:00. It was my first turkey.

bluetick58

gobblerguide

24 lbs  4 long beards 1 3/4 spurs, will probably never top it. N.OK.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!