turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dollar General pot calls

Started by compton30, August 02, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

I had to pick up an emergency coffee pot from the Dollar General today and when I left the parking lot, it was with three pots. One for making coffee and two for stone cold Turkey killing from Mark Cornelius!!!

We live probably 5 minutes from each other and Mark and when he called to say my calls were done, I told him where I was and we met up.

Here we have a Padauk two sider and his lauded Walnut green slate. Both are phenomenal sounding and phenomenally well built. Cant wait for Spring!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Nice calls. Really like that Walnut.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3bailey3

Very nice, a lot better story than I thought was coming, thought you had brought some junk in DG!

MAC CALLS

Dont lie you got them out of the 50 cent bin at DG! Glad you like them bud! Thanks again!

Double B

Nice trip to the store......no evidence in the mailbox  ;D
Followed by buzzards

outdoors

Yup good story
In gonna remember that the Next time my wife ask me
When and where i got  MORE CALLS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

compton30

Quote from: 3bailey3 on August 02, 2018, 08:28:44 PM
Very nice, a lot better story than I thought was coming, thought you had brought some junk in DG!

I like to keep you guys on your toes.

compton30

Quote from: MAC CALLS on August 02, 2018, 08:35:34 PM
Dont lie you got them out of the 50 cent bin at DG! Glad you like them bud! Thanks again!

Hahaha! Hard to beat dealing with you, Mark. Elite level callmaker and an even better guy.

shatcher

I just got the green slate in a walnut pot.  I had to wait a few months, but man, does that pot sound good!

compton30

Quote from: shatcher on August 02, 2018, 10:02:24 PM
I just got the green slate in a walnut pot.  I had to wait a few months, but man, does that pot sound good!

Well worth the wait for sure. I'd do it again!

Twowithone

Good looking calls. Hope they bring the Gobbler to you. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

243kid

I really like my MAC Green Slate.  Best sounding slate l ever owned. Try some other strikers you may have.  Mine loves Hickory!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

I like the green slate from him that I got as well, strikers really seem to bite into that green slate and make a nice call.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Guess I should spend some time skulking around store parking lots in western Pa, LOL!!! Congrats on the killer calls!