OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lon Trice Pot Call Suggestions

Started by squeaky, July 04, 2018, 08:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeaky

I need some input/advice from you guy's that own Lon Trice pots. If you did not own one of his call and were planning to get on his list for one or two what would be y'alls suggestion/advice? I am thinking about one of his acrylics simply because I do not own an acrylic pot. With that said, I not set on anything in particular and would like some suggestions from those that own some his calls. I hunt these stubborn Alabama eastern's so my goal is to own pots that are consistent and realistic.

outdoors

Any choice is good
Does he still make a acrylics
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

Im a personal fan of his stoned and his anodized aluminum along with his glass. Black acrylic , orange agate , padauk , bocote , yellow heart and bubinga are some of my favorite pots from him.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roost 1

I would suggest a crystal over aluminum and my personal favorite is a cocobola pot.

HookedonHooks

If you're already leaning towards acrylic, I would recommend none other than his Black Acrylic Stoned Aluminum. That is by far one of his best combos, and with a fiber rod striker is a waterproof pot. If you go a different direction his Bullet Tree glass calls have been coming out exceptional too.

squeaky

Thanks guys for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming!

Coop1082

Acrylic stoned aluminum over aluminum, acrylic glass over glass and glass over aluminum, Padauk aluminum over aluminum, bullet wood glass over slate, etc etc. I have quite a few of Lon's pots and not a single one has underwhelmed me. They are all outstanding and full of turkey. You by all means can't go wrong with any choice you make from Lon.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

PEte_A

Timely post. Looking to get one of Lon's glass or Crystals in acrylic. Would love to hear some feedback on favorite combos from those of you that have run both the crystal and glass combos.

jed clampett

You..cannot go wrong with ANY of his pots..they all have turkey in them..just pick a combo or two that is suggested and it will be a great sounding pot...always liked the way they feel...especially his wood pots...feel heavy and put together really well.

jryser

Anodized aluminum Lon call is to die for!  Great for long range as well as purring like a contented hen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snood Life

One def needs to be his stoned alum/alum in acrylic pot.

3bailey3

3bailey3

Happy hooker

Does he still make stoned aluminum,,I only see anodized on his website

va longbeard

Quote from: Happy hooker on July 04, 2018, 08:25:09 PM
Does he still make stoned aluminum,,I only see anodized on his website

I don't think he has updated that website in 10 years or more.

Lot of guys on here would love to buy those old style calls your looking at on the website!

As far as I know he is still building the stoned aluminum I think he and Darrin Dawkins get it from the same place.