OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hoppe's 30 Cal. Patches

Started by Sir-diealot, July 04, 2018, 05:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I am trying to find Hoppe's 30 caliber patches to clean a 30.06 but can't seem to find any other than some pretreated ones that are outrageous. I would like to get 100 or more but am not sure what size would be the correct size. I have cleaned the outside with an old shirt, used my last 3 patches to clean out the muzzle as best I could and ran a boresnake through it with some Hoppe's oil on it but want to get it cleaned better. I found these but there is nothing that says 30 cal. on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1240110396/hoppes-cotton-cleaning-patches

Oh I stopped at the only gun shop I could get to and the guy there had no clue what I should use which is why I don't deal with him much, he knows less than I do.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nyhunter

my bag of 30 caliber patches is 2X2

NCL

I usually just cut up and old cotton T-shirt.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nyhunter on July 04, 2018, 06:47:46 AM
my bag of 30 caliber patches is 2X2
Thanks again, sorry for the delay in replying, I went to bed right after I posted this.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on July 04, 2018, 08:47:54 AM
I usually just cut up and old cotton T-shirt.
Thanks, if not for the trouble with my hands I would do that but I would rather not go through the hassle. The other problem is after I lost so much weight I gave away all my old shirts so I don't have any raggedy ones. I do thank you for the suggestion though.

John Koenig:

NCL

When I used to shoot competitive I found a place that sold remnant of cotton cloth, similar to t-shirt material, as a patch. I got a large plastic bag, the pieces were irregular in size but it was dirt cheap. I just checked my cleaning stuff to see if I had left the the paper attachment on the plastic bag but I did not so I can not provide much more info.   

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on July 04, 2018, 09:28:26 AM
When I used to shoot competitive I found a place that sold remnant of cotton cloth, similar to t-shirt material, as a patch. I got a large plastic bag, the pieces were irregular in size but it was dirt cheap. I just checked my cleaning stuff to see if I had left the the paper attachment on the plastic bag but I did not so I can not provide much more info.
That's okay, I am about to get 500 of them for 10.98 and they are the cotton ones, I am just checking around the net to see if I can find them any cheaper. Thank you for trying to help.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

I just looked on Amazon and you can get a 1000 pack bag for 27.00 dollars for 30 cal...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 04, 2018, 10:08:58 AM
I just looked on Amazon and you can get a 1000 pack bag for 27.00 dollars for 30 cal...
Could you post the link please?

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 04, 2018, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on July 04, 2018, 10:08:58 AM
Could you post the link please?
Just go to Amazon search and type ... Gun patches for 30 cal.. that what i did and found them with no problem ....

Greg Massey

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 04, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: HFultzjr on July 04, 2018, 10:35:58 AM
How about these:
https://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Cleaning-Square-Caliber/dp/B00TD0EK9U/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_tr_t_2/140-2962696-9110853?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZZQBYFD3K9V3YGETP03H

Less expensive per patch and free shipping.
See here are some more ... people just need to use search sometimes ...lol...
I did search but there were no cotton ones from Hoppe's there in the amount I wanted and also as I said I was not sure what size to get. Searched on Amazon and on Google.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HFultzjr on July 04, 2018, 10:35:58 AM
How about these:
https://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Cleaning-Square-Caliber/dp/B00TD0EK9U/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_tr_t_2/140-2962696-9110853?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZZQBYFD3K9V3YGETP03H

Less expensive per patch and free shipping.
Thank you very much. I really would like to stick with cotton, I was always told not to use the synthetics but I honestly don't recall the reason why. Also wanted to stick with a brand that I know.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Sounds like your pretty picky about your 30 cal. patches ... good luck ....