OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paul Platz?

Started by Wvgobbler, July 03, 2018, 04:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wvgobbler

Just was wondering if he has ever won the DD Adams award? Just so much demand for his calls. I own three of his pots and they are great calls. Pure turkey and sound really good but I honestly like most of my Lonzo's better. I know I'm going to get bashed and tick a lot of people off by saying that. But before you put a bad reply on this I'm not saying anything bad about his calls cause they are great. I just like Lonzo's better.

va longbeard

He has never won the DD adams award, he has come close but never won it.

Supply and demand has what has driven the price, he is not taking orders and everyone wants what they cant get.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I get what you're saying and everyone has different opinions on everything and that's good.  But I will say this.....awards mean absolutely nothing as far as calling turkeys or as far as personal or monetary value.  Supply and demand is what drives the prices, coupled with internet and social media hype.  Some great callmakers are often overlooked while everyone gets in line for someone who is more "popular".  (And no I'm not talking about Paul or anyone in particular).  It's the world we live in.  There's only so much turkey you can get from a call and the rest is up to you.  Some guys use a callmakers' name as a crutch to make them feel superior when they are in the woods.  It's the Yeti mentality. 
In this world we live in "hold onto the handrail until the ride comes to a complete stop". 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

outdoors

You can have a Walmart markdown and call in 100 times the amount a $400 call will call birds in .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

KYHeadhunter02

Lon Trice is the man! Lol......Paul makes good stuff also. Just wish he would fire on all cylinders and make some calls. He will get his medal one day. A lot of people are fed up with the NWTF and their shenanigans. So medals really mean nothing other than a group of guys (THAT could have already picked a winner before running all the calls...very likely) thinks one calls is a bit better than the rest. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

letinmfly

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on July 03, 2018, 04:52:24 PM
A lot of people are fed up with the NWTF and their shenanigans. So medals really mean nothing other than a group of guys (THAT could have already picked a winner before running all the calls...very likely) thinks one calls is a bit better than the rest. JMO.

No, it's not just your opinion!!  Many concur.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

KYHeadhunter02

Edit...

letinmfly

I'm not taking it personal.  I'm agreeing with your statement.   Seems like you're the one that took it personal.  SMH

Adirondacks89

So you both agree yet are upset with one another for some reason lmao. Anyway, I couldn't justify spending 300 or more on a turkey call. I just dropped 125 on a SD box and that made me sick.

It's about keeping up with the joneses. Gotta be about to tell everyone you own some corder or platz calls even though you won't kill any more turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: letinmfly on July 03, 2018, 05:29:35 PM
I'm not taking it personal.  I'm agreeing with your statement.   Seems like you're the one that took it personal.  SMH
Lol...my appologies. Been a long day, wife had our 2nd child today.

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on July 03, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

Congratulations,

letinmfly

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on July 03, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

No problem. 
Congrats to you and the little lady.   :icon_thumright:

KYHeadhunter02

Thanks fellas, I posted pics if you would like to see her. Sorry to derail your thread Wvgobbler.

jryser

CONGRATS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEte_A

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on July 03, 2018, 04:52:24 PM
Lon Trice is the man! Lol......Paul makes good stuff also. Just wish he would fire on all cylinders and make some calls. He will get his medal one day. A lot of people are fed up with the NWTF and their shenanigans. So medals really mean nothing other than a group of guys (THAT could have already picked a winner before running all the calls...very likely) thinks one calls is a bit better than the rest. JMO.

Lon makes a killer call. I think we're all pretty lucky that he turns enough out that they are readily available at a decent price point.