turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Zero Turn?

Started by guesswho, June 29, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

When I used to mow commercially we used exmarks and they were bullet proof. Exmark makes a smaller mower for residential. If I were buying a mower that's what I'd go with.

USMC0331

At 3 acres a week you might want to get a comercial mower , residental will not hold up long with that much cutting. Gravely, Wright, Scag,  John Deer (not the ones at Lowes or Home depot) , or  exmark. If you want a stand on mower buy the Wright. You may have to buy a demo or slightly used one for $5000, Depending on what size deck.

1iagobblergetter

Whatever you decide like a few others said get one with the fabricated deck. I would also go with a 60 inch deck.
I dont have much to mow,but went with a 52 inch and wish i would have gotten the 60 inch. I think they would be handier mowing in corners because the deck sticks out wider than the mower.
Also keep in mind that some sit up higher than others which makes them easier to tip over.
I did alot of research and ended up with a Husquavarna M-ZT Commercial. I also really liked the Scags.
For the money you want to spend id look at Gravelys. I have a couple friends that really have had good luck with them.

Gobspur

I bought a husqvarna MZ52 about 4 yrs ago for $4300.  Been happy with it for mowing 1 acre.  Wish id got 60 inch though.  The edge of deck falls about even with tire and doesnt overlap passes well.  Ive also mowed with scags, hustler, and exmark.  I like the exmark best.  The blade speed on my neighbors exmark is much faster and cut is much better.  But its a couple thousand more.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

dirtnap

I have a Husqvarna MZ 52 and PZ 54.  I went with them because there is a dealer within 20 minutes of my house.  I cut around 55 yards as a side job.  The MZ 52 has around 1300 hours on it and has been a good one.  The PZ 54 has been too although I've only had it a year.

I am sure there are better machines out there.  But I have been pleased with mine.  If I was buying one, I would not hesitate to buy a MZ 52.

pabossie255

243kid

I bought a Toro Titan 5420 about 5years ago for $5k. It has been great!!!

I was actually looking at Bad Boy zeroes when l was sold the Toro.

Happy

I prefer a mower that turns. One that has zero turn sounds like a bad idea.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

I'm mowing a drag stirip, so a turn is a mistake.  All I need is forward and reverse.  No need to turn.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chadly

I looked at all the mowers and went to all the dealers.  Read the reviews online and searched what I could.  Get one from local dealer that has a good reputation.  After all the research I did I bought a Toro $6400.  The reason I went with Toro was 4 year 400 hour bumper to bumper warranty.  Plus they come and get it and return it to me if anything needs fixing.  No other mower offers a warranty even close. 

bruce.smith0817

What kind of turn around s evice to they do they have an to do they bring a loner a lot of places are so busy it takes a month to get one worked on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

blake_08

After looking around for several weeks last year, I went with a 54" Raptor SD. It was about 3800 or 3900 out the door and it has a fabricated deck and a 25 hp engine. I honestly don't know what else I could want from a mower under $4k. I mow about 2 acres a week and have zero issues with my choice. I'd at least check hustler out.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Bolandstrutters

Based on 90% of lawn care companies around here, Exmark seems to be the gold standard.  I've been running a Dixie Chopper for personal use for four years and have been extremely happy with it.  Its called the Zee 2 and is in their residential line.  Whatever brand you decide, make sure its got a Kawasaki motor.  Briggs and Kohler aren't even in the same ball park. 

DrDirtNap

I've had a commercial Toro for many years and it has been good.  My wife does all the mowing, about 2.5 Acres a week.   She's  hard on equipment...if you know what I mean...the Toro is tough.  I would buy another Toro for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THattaway

60" bad boy here with 25hp Kohler engine. Not saying it's the best, just what we use. The only complaint I have with it is one grease fitting on a deck idler pulley that is hard to get to. I cuss it every year. 4 seasons with it doing it's share of 5 acres weekly during grass cutting season here (March-October it seems) and still on the original titanium blades. Have only touched up a little by sharpening each year.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles