OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you cross a property line???

Started by wareagle99, February 11, 2011, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you cross a property line to hunt a turkey?

Never
Under Certain Conditions
Yes I would
I plead the 5th

dodger

When I was younger... heck yeah... now that I'm older I don't run quite as fast...

Big Timber

I have called them off posted land before  ;D, but have never
treaspased.

timbrhuntr

In one area I have permission on 4 farms that that are almost in a row. So yes I cross the propery lines all the time to hunt turkeys.  ;)

pullit

I crossed the property line on the farm I hunt but there was a reason.
I shot a bird on the side of a hill (I was on the farm I have permission to hunt, and the bird was on the same farm that I was on). It rolled down the hill and onto the other farm. I crossed onto the other farm got the bird and got back onto the farm I was hunting.

mnturkey

I would never knowingly cross a property line to hunt Turkeys, I have crossed property lines to get from one public area to another.
In MN if you shoot a wildgame animal and it crosses a property line you can legally go and retrive the animal unless the land owner tells you not to.  Then you have to go get the sheriff and he will get you permission to retrive the game animal.
In my Opinion the moment you cross the property line with out permission your bird (deer etc.) is illegal and you have broken the law.
SEMPER FI

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Singlebarrel on February 11, 2011, 06:16:57 PM
Somebody once said "You can often tell if someone is a good turkey hunter by whether or not the knees are worn-out on their camo pants and how badly their inseam is ripped from crossing barbed wire fences."   ::)

Here are some true quotes from different client's I've guided over the years - trying to convince me to cross when we were standing at the property line, listening to hammer-heads on the wrong side of the fence:

"I'll be honest, I'd go after him if I was at home"
"they're all God's turkeys..."
"we've got shotguns, what are they gonna do to us?"
"I'll go to jail with you..."

Turkey hunters, you gotta love 'em   :lol:

Actually think all of these guys ended up killing, even though we didn't get to go after the ones they wanted. 

You mean like my pair of pants  :z-guntootsmiley:

Skeeterbait

Nope, not without permission.  But I will set up 40 yards off a line and if he comes 5 yards on my side he is mine.  Been there done that.  If he doesn't then I haven't called him and he walks.  I will catch him on my side another morning.

socalturkeyman

I would only to get the bird or game i killed, than I would walk to the door and tell them what i did and why. If they're still upset I'd say sorry but I'm not here just to kill, Im here to kill and eat. Not to waste anything. And I would offer some of the harvest to them.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

HARDCORE

OML, honestly,.....just depends.   

HC

Shotgun

jbrown

I have not and will not cross the property line to turkey hunt. I don't want anyone crossing my line either...I will try to call him across the line if I can!!!

Gobble!

I have before and probably will again
But it's not hunted and not marked

Spurs

Quote from: Shotgun on February 11, 2011, 10:42:17 PM
I chose the last option  :angel9:
Hahaha!!!

I think the medical term is line blindness.
This year is going to suck!!!

camp man

Well, my c.b. handle is "the surveyor" ....????? :toothy12: