OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you cross a property line???

Started by wareagle99, February 11, 2011, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you cross a property line to hunt a turkey?

Never
Under Certain Conditions
Yes I would
I plead the 5th

wareagle99

Kylongspur88

I can honestly say I have never knowingly crossed a property line to kill a bird nor would I, BUT I will set up 40 yards from that line and call my heart out.

Basser69

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on February 11, 2011, 04:48:39 PM
I can honestly say I have never knowingly crossed a property line to kill a bird nor would I, BUT I will set up 40 yards from that line and call my heart out.

lightsoutcalls

A bird I shot in OK last spring did a crazy backflip when I shot him and landed about 8-10 feet on the other side of a barbed wire fence dividing the property we were huning and the next property.  There were no posted signs and the fence wire allowed easy access to step over the fence without any damage.  The property owner we were hunting on had good relations with the surrounding property owners and was with us at the time.  Given all of those qualifiers, I didn't have a problem stepping over and walking 10 feet on the other property to retreive a dead bird.  
On the other hand, I have hunted a property where the neighbors made it clear that NOBODY was to hunt their property, no tresspassing signs clearly displayed.  Even though the birds were roosted on that property, there was no consideration of crossing the fence to get to them.  Posted is posted.  We just called them across the road into the property we were hunting and put the hevi shot to them.  ;)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

I would not knowingly hunt someone elses land, nor I want anybody invading my territory without the proper O.K.'s. It is not correct to assume that it is alright to hunt someone's land, without the proper permission. It is just wrong..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

VAHUNTER

if i'm working a bird and he has slobber flying and the land is not posted. truthfully i dont think i would. there would have to be certain conditions. the biggest would be that it was not hunted by another turkey hunter

But if i get to the line and it is posted i would setup as close as i could without crossing it
Good things come to those who wait

PANYHunter

I guess I would if have permission and know the person very well, which in most cases I do.  Now if he question said "trespass" I would say never.

Tail Feathers

In most cases I'd go thru a fence to recover game I shot.  Wouldn't take a gun and I'd try to get an OK first but I'd go in some circumstances and take my chances.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Singlebarrel

Somebody once said "You can often tell if someone is a good turkey hunter by whether or not the knees are worn-out on their camo pants and how badly their inseam is ripped from crossing barbed wire fences."   ::)

Here are some true quotes from different client's I've guided over the years - trying to convince me to cross when we were standing at the property line, listening to hammer-heads on the wrong side of the fence:

"I'll be honest, I'd go after him if I was at home"
"they're all God's turkeys..."
"we've got shotguns, what are they gonna do to us?"
"I'll go to jail with you..."

Turkey hunters, you gotta love 'em   :lol:

Actually think all of these guys ended up killing, even though we didn't get to go after the ones they wanted. 

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Crutch

Not going to happen no matter what, if I know the owner doesn't want someone on the property. 
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

Jay

Quote from: hookedspur on February 11, 2011, 06:17:22 PM
Only to retrieve a downed animal.
Only time I have knowingly, but they absolutely do not mark private from public in a lot of land I hunt in Kansas. There are times I have no idea, and am guessing.

M,Yingling

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on February 11, 2011, 04:48:39 PM

:agreed:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

gob09

only if the conditions were right but no not as a rule

unclerick

Before all else fails,talk to Jesus