OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What kind of glue do I use

Started by Sir-diealot, June 26, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

What kind of glue do I used to fix a striker? It is a carbon 2 piece and the top came loose from the dowel for lack of a better term. It is nothing special and I have 2 more, but why throw it out if it can be easily fixed? Thank you in advance. https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/MAD-Super-Crystal-Pot-Turkey-Call/productDetail/categoryName/prod99999043316/categoryId
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ShootingABN!

I really don't know. But I'd try a little gorilla glue. Once you wet it and it activates is swells a little. It may effect the harmonic's. That's what I'd try first.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ShootingABN! on June 26, 2018, 07:26:34 PM
I really don't know. But I'd try a little gorilla glue. Once you wet it and it activates is swells a little. It may effect the harmonic's. That's what I'd try first.
Okay, thank you. That was my concern, affecting the sound.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

I have fixed a couple with plain old superglue and could tell no difference in sound.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 26, 2018, 07:49:35 PM
I have fixed a couple with plain old superglue and could tell no difference in sound.
I did wonder on that, how would that kind of glue differ from the Gorilla Glue suggested above if you happen to know, I have used Gorilla Tape but not Glue. Thanks.

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

Cant say. Never used it. Just telling you what i have used. Goodluck
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

ol bob

Gorilla glue never worry about it coming loose again.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 26, 2018, 08:27:41 PM
Cant say. Never used it. Just telling you what i have used. Goodluck
Okay, thanks again, I will see which is cheaper next week.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ol bob on June 26, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
Gorilla glue never worry about it coming loose again.
That's 2-1 so far for Gorilla Glue. Thanks Bob

John Koenig:

BrowningGuy88

I'd use the Loc-Tite brand quick glue / super glue whatever you want to call it. I use it for all kinds of stuff and it's tough.

captpete

Another vote for Loc-Tite brand super glue. I use the gel to fletch my carbon arrows. I have never had a vane fall off, even when the arrow blows completely through the target.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

ShootingABN!

And gorilla glue works great on inserts on carbon arrows. ;)

Quote from: captpete on June 27, 2018, 06:41:57 AM
Another vote for Loc-Tite brand super glue. I use the gel to fletch my carbon arrows. I have never had a vane fall off, even when the arrow blows completely through the target.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: ShootingABN! on June 27, 2018, 08:24:12 AM
And gorilla glue works great on inserts on carbon arrows. ;)

Quote from: captpete on June 27, 2018, 06:41:57 AM

so does lok-tite. Been using that for years too. The secrete is a q-tip with rubbing alchol. clean the inside of the shaft properly and gorilla glue or Lok-tite super glue will work fine.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Sir-diealot

I use Loc-Tight on my arrows as well. Works on vanes, inserts and nocks.

John Koenig: