turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Raspy Jr. gets his 1st gobbler!

Started by RaspyD, April 23, 2011, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaspyD

Things finally worked out for my little huntin' buddy.  We've had a couple close calls on previous hunts but finally connected this morning.  This bird came from about 200 yards through a planted alfalfa field to get a dose of #7's from the 20 gauge at 6:50 a.m.  I don't know who was more excited him, me or our buddy Avery!  We got to watch him come in the last 50 yards in full strut.  The first thing Jack said to me when he saw him in full strut was "wow, what a beautiful bird".  It seemed like it took that bird an hour to come that last 30 yards before he was greeted with a load of Nitros at 23 yards.  He was taking his sweet time showing off for our ratty old decoy (and I really mean ratty old decoy) and soon found out why.  There were 2 other strutters that came in over our right shoulder that we couldn't see.  Our buddy Avery said he watched them come silently from the opposite end of the field, strutting all the way to the decoy and only 25 yards in front of him.  It was truly a memorable hunt for my son's first gobbler.  He weighed 20 pounds and 12 ounces, had a 10 3/4 inch beard and inch and a quarter spurs.

Perfection Turkey Calls

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Hognutz

Congrats to the Raspy Boys. He is a real dandy..Does it get any better than that. No way.. Well done, Raspy Jr..Mike   :fud: :newmascot:  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

JVA54

mossy835

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

savduck

Georgia Boy

OLE RASPY

cannonball

TrackeySauresRex

:wav: Congrats on a great bird Jr. Good Job
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Flydown

That is what hunting is all about!!!!! Congrats Raspy D and Raspy JR.

njdevilsb

That is awesome.  Congrats to you both.

Ol'Mossy

Congrats to you both, awesome pics too  :icon_thumright: