turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Started by Spitten and drummen, May 25, 2018, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. While you are having a fun relaxing 3 day weekend , If you are off those days , please remember what the day is about. I lost some good friends and brothers while I was deployed. You are gone but not forgotten. Thanks.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

turkeymanjim

Amen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Happy

Yes, a heartfelt "thank you" to all the veterans here on this site.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

daddyduke

Thank you all for your service and may God Bless each one of you! I will never forget that Freedom comes with a cost!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Greg Massey

Prayers for past and present ... I have a son in the Air Force....He's station at Dover ...

Sir-diealot

Thanks to all that have, are or will serve. Be safe this weekend.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

LaLongbeard

This is usually broght up every Memorial Day ... but we should remember Memorial Day is for the remeberance of those that died defending our country. Veterans Day is for thanking those that have served or are currently serving in the military.
The ultimate sacrifice was paid by some and they deserve there own day not to be lumped in with everyone that has put on a uniform.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

spaightlabs

Quote from: Phillipshunt on May 25, 2018, 06:21:29 PM
This is usually broght up every Memorial Day ... but we should remember Memorial Day is for the remeberance of those that died defending our country. Veterans Day is for thanking those that have served or are currently serving in the military.
The ultimate sacrifice was paid by some and they deserve there own day not to be lumped in with everyone that has put on a uniform.

Thank you!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, you will never be forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg&list=RDUUZHTE1jMXg&start_radio=1

Spitten and drummen

You are right. Hence  why my post is about my fallen brothers and sisters , not me and my living brothers and sisters.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Never thought of it that way but you are 100% correct. Thank you for pointing out the distinction.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I feel we all understand the distinction , between the non-living and living , but the way this world is changing and the disrespect some have for the United States , it's best we recognize all military ....past and present everyday....

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 25, 2018, 08:44:42 PM
I feel we all understand the distinction , between the non-living and living , but the way this world is changing and the disrespect some have for the United States , it's best we recognize all military ....past and present everyday....
Im 100% sure most don't understand the distinction. As a Veteran myself that has watched men die for there country it annoys me when people lump them together. Memorial Day is there day. November 11,2018 is Veterans Day
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

spaightlabs

Quote from: Phillipshunt on May 25, 2018, 09:00:50 PM
Im 100% sure most don't understand the distinction. As a Veteran myself that has watched men die for there country it annoys me when people lump them together. Memorial Day is there day. November 11,2018 is Veterans Day

Thank you for delineating that.  I'm not sure why people struggle with it.

Watch the video in my post a few posts up.  It gets to the sacrifice.

It is not a sign of disrespect to not honor all military on Memorial day. It is a day to honor the fallen.

Greg Massey

Quote from: spaightlabs on May 25, 2018, 09:02:54 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on May 25, 2018, 09:00:50 PM
I agree , but we have to understand , this day and time we have a lot of people who could care less, that's what's so sad... this world is not the same as years past... great opinions about this , i just wish people would show more respect for our fallen soldiers... but as you can tell in the pass year that's not happening, with flag burning , protester and people not standing for the anthem...

Thank you for delineating that.  I'm not sure why people struggle with it.

Watch the video in my post a few posts up.  It gets to the sacrifice.

It is not a sign of disrespect to not honor all military on Memorial day. It is a day to honor the fallen.

Happy

My apologies for annoying you Phillipshunt. I know the difference full well. I like to thank all miltary whenever possible. I remember the fallen but recognize all who have offered their lives for the service of this country. It is not out of ignorance that I do this. My father is/was a marine. 82nd airborne to be exact. My grandfather served in Korea and one of my great uncles flew a fighter in vietnam. I can't thank the dead. I can thank those who have offered their lives in service though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club