OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snakewood Boxes

Started by hunter22, May 17, 2018, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

A beautiful wood that makes an awesome turkey call.

3bailey3

Greg Massey

Snakewood is one of the best and that's some beautiful calls.. but i think a lot of other wood combo's make some great boxes also...

crow

great looking group of calls with some beautiful craftsmanship

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy hooker

That wild talker is still the king cobra of snakewood,,,Albert makes them without the W but their $300,,just got a quote two weeks ago.

hunter22

The W on Albert's Snakewood designated Wildtalker and was made in a limited edition for Mike Battey. They have been sold out for some time.

SteelerFan

Beautiful (and impressive)

West Augusta

That is some set of calls buddy.  I also love Snakewood for the lid on a box call. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

vt35mag

Impressive den of snakes!
I would love to hear that wild talker. Very interested in getting a version of it, even if it's not a limited edition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

hunter22

Here is a soundfile of the smaller pocket Snakewood/Holly by Albert. I actually like it better than the Wildtalker.

https://soundcloud.com/hunter22-2/albert-paul-snakewood

vt35mag

Quote from: hunter22 on May 17, 2018, 09:00:25 PM
Here is a soundfile of the smaller pocket Snakewood/Holly by Albert. I actually like it better than the Wildtalker.

https://soundcloud.com/hunter22-2/albert-paul-snakewood
Thank you! That sounds great. Is his pocket call the size of his Henry Davis call or smaller?

hunter22

It is the same size as his Henry Davis.

vt35mag

Quote from: hunter22 on May 17, 2018, 09:16:51 PM
It is the same size as his Henry Davis.
thanks again

Chris O

Man thanks for sharing I love seeing all those high end calls and thanks for posting the sound file. If you get bored I would love to hear the hen box sometime. Who was the maker on that one? Thanks again