turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just bought junker 835, need choke

Started by Mossyballs, May 17, 2018, 09:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyballs

Just bought an old non ported camo 835 as a backup/nasty weather/loaner gun. Looks like old real tree or green leaf camo, not sure. Comes with factory extended full choke. What is best choke to pick up for longbeard 5 or 6's.

Happy

Something around .675 diameter. Longbeards aren't to picky on brand.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

coachA

In the last few 835's that I have seen and shot, the Primos Jelly head was the best. The older Jelly Head models. The new models may be fine too, I have just seen wheat the older ones have done.

tha bugman

casersmcdoo

Original Jelly Head 670 should do great in that gun.

TrackeySauresRex

Junker??   :TooFunny:  I have a 20 now, but shot this one for a long time. If it's this one, you have a real great shooter. JH 690 and the Mag Blend. One of the best,if not the best  ;D
:anim_25:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5923.135
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mossyballs

:z-winnersmiley:same one except does not have corn cob forearm. What is that camo called?

WildSpur

OFM camo I think.   I bet it feels like a real gun.   My 2010 835 feels like a toy. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mikejd

I have a dozen different chokes for my 835 including the famed stardom .676. When new rounds come out I enjoy doing comparisons between them and all different chokes.  Anyway my PG 670 has seamed to out perform them all.  With that said I was just with a friend who picked up the Carson Longbeard choke. I believe it was something like a .682 he had done some reading and read that the more open choke will not break up the resin that the long beards are in as early there fore giving you a better long range pattern. I thought he wasted his money until I did a side by side comparison. Well this choke threw one of the best patterns I have ever seen with #5's causing me to having to eat my words Snr tell him he was right.

bbcoach

Another vote for the Pure Gold .670.  With an 835 the Pure Gold shoots most shells really well.  Hevi 7's and Longbeard 5 or 6's will perform extremely well.

Tennessee Lead

Carlson Longbeard .683
Shooting the Longbeard shells it beats any of my Kicks and Star Dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossyballs

What loads do you suggest with factory extended ultifullchoke?

trkehunr93

Some my laugh or shake their heads at the fact that I even bought these, but I found some Hevi 13 3" 1 3/4 oz 4's cheap, I mean cheap, on Natches Shooter Supply, they threw a great 40 yard pattern thru that choke.  I believe the diameter is .695.  I have one bird under my belt with this combo so far. 

SIUCpilot

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 24, 2018, 11:14:31 AM
Some my laugh or shake their heads at the fact that I even bought these, but I found some Hevi 13 3" 1 3/4 oz 4's cheap, I mean cheap, on Natches Shooter Supply

Why would we laugh at you?

Dave  :turkey2: