OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern

Started by gob4me, April 23, 2011, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

bbcoach

Ol'Mossy

TRKYHTR

MO Obsession and break up.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

woodwzrd

cannonball

furtracker

I like all the Mossy Oak patterns but whatever gets the job done works for me

hnkr83

Being still..............

But I prefer to be still in Natgear SCII.  Great little company that doesn't sell hype, it's the real deal. 

Shoregobbler

Natural Gear SC II

Mothwing Spring Mimicry

natman

I'm old school enough that I'm still using Realtree Xtra Brown. I like the way it is asymmetrical and breaks up your outline without becoming one big blotch at a distance. There have been advances in  photorealistic detail since, but RTXB still has the best design.

In CA for spring turkey the woods are a riot of green. I like MO Obsession and Advantage MAX-1. I wear RTXB above the waist to blend in with the tree I'm leaning on and MAX-1 pants to blend with the grass and plants on the ground. I also supplement with a few green Sneaky Leaves to create a 3-d effect.

http://www.qadinc.com/shop/index.php?cPath=23

Seems to work, I once had a hen come up close enough that I could have kicked her. I didn't because I figured I couldn't sound more like a lonely hen than she did!

Beretta686

Mix and match different predator patterns. Also love a ghillie.

I was hunting several years ago with some friends in MT and we did the camo test. MO and RT looked like black blobs and would not break up your pattern once you turned around at 30 yards. from 30 on out the pattern was a black blob easy to see. The predator breaks up your profile at all yardages.

Now the ghillie, that is in a league of it's own. I have had turkeys scratching the camo strings laying on the ground, turkeys so close I could move my hand off of the gun and pet them, turkeys walk a foot in front of my gun barrel. All while hunting wide open oak bottoms with no cover, but the tree I'm sitting on.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

The Turkenator

Mossy oak obsession.         For hardwoods hunting

trkehunr93

Here in VA, Realtree hardwoods HD and my old MO treestand.  Trebark is by far my all time favorite.

goblr77

Forest Floor.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tom Foolery