OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pressure finally off... First Tom down

Started by 357MAGNOLE, May 11, 2018, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High plains drifter

Well done. You never forget your first gobbler.

T-town

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

357MAGNOLE

I appreciate it everyone!

A lot of yall, and others on this forum helped tremendously throughout the years. I have learned a ton, and I am still learning.  These birds can humble you quick, I thought it was going to be easy in the beginning.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

owlhoot

Congrats and good job!
You will be on a role now.

SteelerFan

Great feeling on a great bird! Congrats!!

Happy

Congrats, they get easier as time goes on. Well some of them do anyways.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

sixbird

Good for you brutha'! Been following your struggles. Glad you finally did it!

Harty

Congrats!way to stick with it. That first bird is always very special

High plains drifter

Quote from: TRG3 on May 11, 2018, 02:07:34 PM
That first one is the hardest and most appreciated. It took me about three years before I finally got one. Over the years, I've learned from experience and now generally fill at least two of my three Illinois tags, primarily by incorporating gobbling to challenge the peck order among the toms. There are lots of good YouTube videos from experienced turkey hunters that openly share their techniques.
.                    It took me 4 years to get a gobbler , when I first started.I was happy to get a hen!! The more you learn, the more you get. Biggest thing, be quiet!! Get out there " butt early", and I mean dark, dark.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

wvnut3

congratulations, it is a treasured memory that you will always remember.Lee