OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Awesome wild turkey burgers

Started by WNCTracker, May 10, 2018, 08:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

0.5 lbs wild turkey ground with 0.5 lbs skin in chicken thighs.

2 diced jalepenos
4 oz shredded cheddar
6 diced ramps
Generous amt smoked coarse sea salt

Mixed meat, peppers, cheese, ramps and made patties.

Coat in smoked salt and black pepper.

Pan Fry in olive oil in skillet (don't grill)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverboy

Looks delish man. I'll have to try that sometime.
Listen for the gobble

3bailey3

Looks great but I will not ever deep fry one again!

Sir-diealot

Looks good but I have a question, what are "Ramps"? Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WNCTracker

Ramps are a wild "leek" that grow in the mountains of NC and TN and up the east coast. They're simply amazing. Like a blend of garlic and green onion with a kick.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: WNCTracker on May 10, 2018, 09:26:06 PM
Ramps are a wild "leek" that grow in the mountains of NC and TN and up the east coast. They're simply amazing. Like a blend of garlic and green onion with a kick.

Okay thanks, sounds like something I would like.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

WNCTracker

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 10, 2018, 09:54:30 PM

They are the best. The only reason people don't eat them is they're so strong they make you're whole body smell like them. For real.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: WNCTracker on May 10, 2018, 09:56:24 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 10, 2018, 09:54:30 PM

They are the best. The only reason people don't eat them is they're so strong they make you're whole body smell like them. For real.

I am partially of Italian decent and I love garlic and onions. I drive my GF crazy because she says I eat to much of it but I am in better health heart and blood pressure wise than most of the people I know. (Other than a murmur I was born with)

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I just looked these up and by the picture and description I think I may have had these before when I was much younger.

John Koenig:

compton30

Cast Iron would've been a great alternative to grilling. Will be using a similar recipe soon!

WNCTracker

Quote from: compton30 on May 10, 2018, 10:13:17 PM
Cast Iron would've been a great alternative to grilling. Will be using a similar recipe soon!
There's just not enough fat to grill them as good as a hot cast iron will.

daddyduke

Looks good. Will definitely give them a try.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Tasty.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tha bugman

my mouth started watering just reading the ingredients!  :drool:

pinebark

My dad and I always grind up several pounds of breast after we finish our deer meat each year. We grind smoked bacon ends in with it to give it some fat. They make excellent turkey burgers on the grill. Its tough getting over the fact that you are grinding up a breast but after you eat one you will get over it quickly.