OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Son in laws first gobbler a DANDY!

Started by MDSTRUTNRUT, May 08, 2018, 12:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDSTRUTNRUT

My son in law #2 has never got a bird before and he found a "HOTSPOT" so we made an assault saturday.   Birds hadn't been harassed to his knowledge and there were several longbeards along with a gang of jakes.   Decided on a strutter  and a submissive hen even tho I HATE DECOYS!    Birds gobbled on both sides of us and a hen was roosted real close too so she squawked at my calls and gobblers responded to both of us.  At flydown  the HERD came around the corner  and came running  stopping at 20 yards in front about 10 yards from decoys. 2 longbeards and 8-10 jakes  PERFECT since SIL's nova had a stuck modified choke but did load him with 3" #7's heavyshot.   He rolled him with others hanging out gobblin at my cuts but 40-45 yards on the second longbeard was a little too far for my 20 with HW 7's so gun stayed in my lap.   His first bird and had triple beards 11, 9-1/4, 7 inches with needlesharp hooks both at 1-3/8.   Fistbumped and he said this is easy, I replied YEA RIGHT!    Told him that bird going to be hard to beat!   To top it off it was my birthday, what a BLAST getting him his first bird and a MONSTER at that, hens starting to nest so now hopefully gonna be my turn soon. 

POk3s

Goodness!!! Congrats on a great hunt and bird!!

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the young man and happy birthday to you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Texforce

tomstopper

Happy birthday to you and that is an awesome first bird for him

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

TJK68

dublelung

Dangit man! Son-in-law is gonna have a hard time topping that one. Congrats to ya'll!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SteelerFan

AWESOME!! Congrats on the hunt - and happy birthday my friend!

(Pretty sure that 20 woulda done the trick - but you played that right)

maddog3355

Happy Birthday and congratulations on his first turkey. You all will remember that the rest of your life's.

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Kylongspur88

zelmo1

That is a sweet bird guys, awesome job. Congrats

jryser

Perfect!!!  Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk